Continuing Use of Yahoo! Mail Classic?

I've been using Yahoo! Mail Classic for years and am loving more than others (like Hotmail, Gmail, etc) because of it's simplicity. I'm not interested in any type of upgrade or change. Will I always be able to choose to stay with the Classic? Or will there be a time when it will be removed forever? I sure hope the Yahoo! Mail people realize there's users who remain Classic fans.

Best Answer

Since you're using Classic---You don't HAVE to upgrade.---Oh, sure---they are pushing hard for us all to upgrade, but Classic WILL remain an option for those of us who don't want to (or can't) use the new Beta version.

Just keep clicking "NO Thanks" OR "Keep me in Classic" (teeny weeny writing bottom of notice).

Eventually the prompts will stop (Per Yahoo)

ONLY those who are using "All New Mail" which was the one between Classic and Beta----will be FORCED to upgrade, because the "all new mail" is being eliminated.

When that happens---those users will be "forced" to upgrade to Beta-----OR ----there will be an option (near the bottom of the prompt) to go to Classic instead, if you don't want to upgrade. (IF they want to stay with Yahoo, that is).

I am hoping that they realize that, too. I have tried...and now it appears unsuccessfully...to keep yahoo Classic. We seemed to have clicked the wrong place and are using whatever mail comes next. The Flag has turned into a Star. That is ok. We can get used to that, but it has moved to the end of the row, far away from the open box that allows you to check things off and then delete them. This is very inconvenient for us. We use the flag/star all of the time! Also, once you check something, it is highlighted (which is fine), and then you can delete it. Once that item is deleted, the highlighting goes down to the next e-mail. If you have deleted something below what the screen is showing, you are likely to go ahead and delete the next item...even if you did not want it highlighted in the first place! If you cannot give me Yahoo Mail Classic back, at least move the star back where the flag was!

• Lyn G

As of right now, you can chose between the old Yahoo Classic mail version and the All New Yahoo mail version. Peiople that use older computers can not easily use the new upgraded mail version without a great deal of problems. It is possible that yahoo will try to find a way to totally discontinue the use of "Classic," but as I am one of the people with the older computer, I certainly hope to never see it.

Yahoo Classic was just re-built last spring, so it will be around for a while, but they keep changing the notice to force you into the new mail, and the links to stay with Classic are hard to find! Yahoo really wants everyone to switch to t he newest mail, and seems to disable other methods to change back whenever they appear on this site too often.

If you are using Classic and receive the notice to switch, the procedure to stay with Classic might have changed ... For the newest one, you have to click 'Help' to find the tiny link - whoo would have thought of that!

Yahoo answerer Barbra produced an excellent web page complete with screenshots to help you find the link. She updates the site when new changes are made to the screens - the newest one has a different procedure to switch back, far more complicated than before.

https://sites.google.com/site/classicyastuff

I like the the Classic Yahoo,because it easier for me that's it.Thank you.