Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 8 years ago

Question about how to make a fragrance?

Well I have this tincture so to say. Gathered honeysuckle, and soaked it in alcohol 100 proof. (standard tincture)

But, interested it just using some for a fragrance spray, like a cologne or perfume.

I notice it smells good when atomized, yet, the smell doesn't linger as long as I'd like it to.

How can I get it to linger?

*Once, did the same thing with lavender, but added olive oil to the tincture recipe, just about a tea-table spoon. Intended for fragrance spray. The oil separates from the rest of the mixture, but if shook well and then sprayed, it smells good, and the smell seems to linger.

I think the oil helps it linger.

But I don't know, this is all still new to me.

Is there something I can add or do to make the smell linger?

Any help or advice will be much appreciated, thanks!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Tigger
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yep, oil will help it linger.

If you soak the herbs in oil to begin with you can then put a drop of it on a cool light bulb, then when you turn it on the heat will make the scent release into the room...

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

You need some kind of oil to make the fragrance last longer. Almond oil is good. You also need a fixative(25 drops per ounce of perfume). Musk and vetiver come in oil form and are excellent.

• Jodi D
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Unscented baby oil works well. Mix 1 part oil to 2 parts fragrance and rub it on pulse points.

• Pat
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

My grandma used to soak petals in mineral oil, then rub a bit on her hands and wrists.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

In stead of whale blubber i heard that whale vomit was used in perfumes.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

most companies use rendered whale blubber in their perfume products.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.