Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 8 years ago

Do humans really NEED "human interaction" ?

Do humans really NEED "relationships" and person interaction?

how varies and even if just have very distant relationships..such as with neighbors, etc...how good is that? and why?

how a person would be different if DIDNT HAVE ANY RELATIONSHIPS and no human interaction..but lived in a nice home and a nice garden anyways? and why?

please explain what you can

thanks for your answers!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I certainly don't.

I'm quite happy living in contented and total isolation.

I say hello to the neighbours, and only speak to others when it is absolutely unavoidable.

People generally are duplicitous, sly, backstabbing, defammatory and untrustworthy Women, the worst of all.

I can do quite well without them, thank you very much.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Humans "need" other humans. Babies need their human mothers and fathers for protection, food, comfort, and survival. Without human interaction from birth, humans would cease to exist. There have been instances where humans were raised by animals and they showed little cognitive development and virtually no socialization or language skills. So in order to be a functioning adult, somewhere along the line you need other humans.

Theoretically, as an adult, you do not "need" human interaction or contact with other humans. You could spend the rest of your life living in the mountains without any human contact. But as the other answerer said, you would live a lonely life void of any real pleasure. Happiness is only real if shared....

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Without human contact, you lose social endurance. Being around people becomes exhausting. It's a lot like physical exercise. You need to stay in shape.

Also, you need a sounding board for your ideas. You can believe anything, but you need somebody to help you examine those beliefs. Think about the last time you tried to explain a dream to somebody. What made so much sense to you was actually impossible to explain in words. This is how we tell good ideas from random brainfarts.

• 8 years ago

depends on how independent a person is

some people could go for days without talking to someone because being in their own company is very healing for themselves and they're completely engaged no matter where they are, who they're with, and what they're doing.

i'm not familiar with the other type of people and their needs so you'll have to ask them. these are the people who need situational and emotional feedback from outside of themselves so you'll have to ask them.

plants need water, even cacti.

humans need human interaction, even the most independent.

no explanation can be encompassing enough.

that's just the way it works.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

at least some human interaction, I would think.

personally, I'd be happy in a nice home, with a garden and 2 cute little doggies.

• 8 years ago

People with friends and partners live longer, healthier lives.

So, just as one could live without food and water, your life wouldn't be as long or pleasurable.

• 8 years ago

1 yes to live

2 uh depeneds on your nature of doing it

maybe, but they might have interaction with rich people they might know lol

• radish
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

the person would still probably be involved in the one way relationship involved in reading, watchng tv listening to radio

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

well, i dont socially interact with anyone....

and for some reason people think im a wierdo..

like "puts the lotion on its skin" wierdo.

whats up with that?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I remember they did a study on this on prisoners in solitary confinement

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.