Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 8 years ago

Do humans really NEED "human interaction" ?

Do humans really NEED "relationships" and person interaction?

how varies and even if just have very distant relationships..such as with neighbors, etc...how good is that? and why?

how a person would be different if DIDNT HAVE ANY RELATIONSHIPS and no human interaction..but lived in a nice home and a nice garden anyways? and why?

please explain what you can

thanks for your answers!

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Humans only need human interaction during their developmental years until adolescence. Once humans reach adulthood (perhaps their 20s) and are self-aware and know themselves, they really don't need human interaction. A human will not go crazy without human interaction if they decide to be away from other humans. A lot of people enjoy solitude. Some people just don't want to be bothered by other people. I actually enjoy my solitude.

----- What about you, do you think you need human interaction? Would you go crazy without human interaction?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Humans need interaction with each other. We aren't made to survive alone, whether it be simply so one doesn't go crazy or to just be able to not talk to the air. It's really even contact, it's just knowing that if available, there is someone to talk to listen to or do something with, even if you don't want it at the time it's comforting. We can choose to be on our own and ignore people in these days because there are people there whom you will eventually see again, it's a getaway. When you simply have no contact, well the comfort is gone. Just being able to hear a voice other than your own, and it belonging to another human it's a comfort though it may not seem like one

• 8 years ago

Ask Tom Hanks when he started talking to a soccer ball.....no, just kidding. Everybody really should have some kind of human interaction with others, it's good for you emotionally and for your mental state. For me, alone and quiet-time I would prefer than to be around people constantly. Yet others need to be around other people. It just depends on your personality I guess.

• 8 years ago

we are pack animals by nature. it is not uncommon for there to be a few that prefer to be on the outlying rings of that pack but we need it as much as we need warm clothing in winter. it is why solitary confinement is sometimes called cruel as people sometimes go crazy if they are kept there too long.

also if a newborn is not held and interacted with they do not develop very well and if never touched will occasionally die of failure to thrive. that need to be held and taken care of never goes away, people might put it aside but it is still there. we all want to love and be loved.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

yes human needs human interaction . Aristotle once said that who lives without a soeaty must be either a animal or the god itself !

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

i would say not as much as people think they do,i tire very easily of being involved with people and interacting with them on a day to day basis.i enjoy being with other people immensely but i also enjoy spending time with myself mabye more so.i suggest you read 'into the wild' if you want to get the jist of what i am trying to explain.

• 8 years ago

No human interaction will make you crazy

• 8 years ago

how would you know what "nice" was if you never had relationships with others? nice is a judgement call passed from human to human.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

You would be crazy, but if you had no human interaction, it wouldn't matter.

• 8 years ago

Yes, without intetaction we never learn, we become deprived, we are forced to survive on instinct alone, all logic is lost and we become feral

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.