promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 9 years ago

How much money have we spent defending this cruel, unconstitutional law?

Alabama immigration law could cause the loss of crops in the state because Hispanic workers, who pick vegetables, gather chickens from poultry houses, pull sweet potatoes out of the ground and make the cardboard boxes that hold produce, are leaving the state because they are intimidated by the law.

Without them, acres, and acres of crops will be wasted.

Sometimes laws have unintended consequences. A law intended to drive illegal Hispanic immigrants out of the state has caused hardship to Alabama farmers who depend on reliable Hispanic workers.

How much money have we spent defending this cruel, unconstitutional law? How many able-bodied workers have fled the state? How many crops are lost?

How many Hispanic children, born in America, go to bed afraid that their parents will be arrested and deported? How many Hispanic families have been separated?

Do the unintended consequences outweigh the original purposes?

In the 1830s in The Trail of Tears, the Cherokee Indians were marched out of Alabama into Oklahoma. The Alabama immigration law has created a second Trail of Tears as Hispanic families leave their homes and fields for new states where their hard work and family values will be appreciated and welcomed.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

@ Paldin .. there is an immigration law which Alabama is trying to implement and apparently the farmers are getting hit really hard ... nobody wants to take those jobs even though there is actually unemployed people which could do it if they were only willing to do it ..

about the question .

i guess we all will be paying for a while , the republicans want to keep playing games even when about every economist KNOWS the undocumented immigrants and all immigrants bring prosperity , so bad seeing what its going on on Alabama and other states ... what are we suppose to do ? buy every single thing we eat from other countries ? in my opinion this is exactly what is messing up the USA .

at CB ... farm visas are actually kind of hard to apply for for farmer which have short temps , in fact most do not qualify , now when it comes to people who hire for long term pretty much the same type of people ended working in the farms ... and about the livable wage , well it is not really as little money as some would like to believe , i have heard of farmers offering 200 per day and still being turned down by Americans which only showed up for one day and yeah sure there is also American white people who work as farmers , the truth its though than less and less people are willing to do so .

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • DR
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

If the harm to farmers bothers you, then join a group that lobbies for more seasonal agricultural visas for Mexicans (such a program already exists, so you would simply lobby to have the number of visas increased).

Those illegal workers chose to live dangerously by coming to America illegally. They put themselves and their children in that situation of fear. The people of Alabama and America did not invite them here or promise them anything.

• KIZE
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

The law is not unconstitutional for one and Arizona has used much of what has been donations to fight against obama and these other sell outs to be able to enforce the laws as written!!! I for one have donated to them and do not live in Arizona's as many many others have. The law was about illegal aliens, not just hispanics as your racism quotes. Funny even la raza has quit their boycott because they knew it was doing no good. lol. If these families were separated it was by their own choices and actions. And I hope all their children are in fear of their parents being deported, this is the life their parents picked for them, so they should be in fear.

And as an American Indian, do not use what happened to my people as the same thing that has happened to these invading criminals, it is insulting!! If they were welcomed, we would not be trying to enforce laws and want to rid our country of them. Mexicans use to buy apache scalps for 100 peso's, one dollar. so you are insulting any American Indian by your uneducated comparison!!

After an attack by a company of Mexican soldiers killed many members of his family in 1858, Geronimo joined revenge attacks on the Mexicans.[4] During his career as a war chief, Geronimo was notorious for consistently urging raids and war upon Mexican Provinces and their various towns, and later against American locations across Arizona, New Mexico, and western Texas.[5]

While the men were out hunting meat, a group of Mexican troops swooped down upon the camp, butchering nearly everyone in sight. The massacre of his family loosed Geronimo upon the land. It was an enraged, burning hatred he carried against the Mexicans until his dying day.

• mimi
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Well I guess all these years of these farmers breaking the law has finally caught up with them.Oh trust me if they where to advertise that they are going to pay a decent wage that an American can live off of they will have workers, but you see these same farmers want to pay the same rate as they do to illegals.But big problem here is that most of us Americans have to pay taxes out of this wage and take care of our families with it.Something illegals have never had to do.Now if we do see that working Americans is a problem and we need to use these illegals then it should be done through a work program and the farmer takes total care of them since they are supposedly working so cheap,it shouldn't be to much of a hardship for this farmer.You see this farmer wants all the benefit of illegal workers but us tax payers pay for all that these eaters, and breeders need to live off.But I also know that Alabama has a butt load of welfare people and they need to be utilized in this situation, you do time in the field or you don't get that welfare check that month.Killing tw birds with one stone.Last but now least I have to say I laugh my butt off of you ignorance in comparing the Trail of Tears to illegals not getting their tax free wages that they use mostly for a good time on the weekend,while the American people feed their families.But Im glad to know and thank you for bringing this to our attention, as we Americans suspected it all along.Most kids of illegals even very young one knows that what Mommy and daddy is doing is illegal and some day will come back to greet them.But in the mean time they can always bet on food on the table and a roof over their head courtesy of the American tax payer.Ha Ha Ha still getting tickled over the Trail of Tears.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

...Ithink we spent $4.38. But I'm not certain if that includes tax.

Look... very few people in the country have a problem with in Illegal alien they might know. They realize the person is here, because they can't earn a decent living in Mexico, (or where ever else they came from).

The problem Americans have is when the number starts to exceed 20 million illegal Aliens. And I think that is more than understandable.

• 9 years ago

Round them all up, not enough going back home. Next time, follow the laws.

As far as the crops, there are plenty of professional fatherless baby producers that need to keep busy, besides lining up the next gig with what ever is lose on parole. the females can go pick the crops in exchange for the free ride they get on the dole.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

its not unconstitutional as the constitution applies to american citizens and legal immigrants. however i agree with you on the additional details. im sure the people imposing the laws will forgo their kids' college and tell them how much they want them to be day laborers. after all, they were kicked out so that us white people could have those jobs, right? sarcasm aside, their food costs wont put them into a lower standard of living.

Source(s): its an imaginary line designed to keep a nation in poverty FOR THE PURPOSE of cheap labor at home, keep the status quo, and keep the drugs a-flowin northbound.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

It's a great law. It does not separate families they can go with them

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You do realize that there is a such thing as an agricultural visa, right?

• 9 years ago

you forgot to mention which unconstitutional law you are talking about

(enforcing existing laws is not unconstitutional)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.