Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what is class warfare, federal spending and entitlements?

I have to do this writing assignment for history where I have to summarize this newspaper article about the governmant , identify who opposes the govs decision and why. Here is the qoute i dont understand, "..already inflaming republicans, who have vowed to oppose new taxes and have called for deep cuts in federal spending and entitlements...republicans responded with vitriol to the proposal to create a special tax for millionares" " class warfare may make for really good politics, but it makes for rotten economics....adds instabability to our system and it punishes jod creation" what are they talking about/ what does it mean?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Entitlements are what they call things like Medicaid/Medicare, Food Stamps, Welfare and things like that.

Federal Spending is what the federal government spends money on things such as (but not limited to) disaster relief, paying for the war, paying for things such as NASA, improvements on national parks....basically anything that the government pays for

Class Warfare is a little harder to define, as it means different things to different people. In general class warfare means either pitting one class of people against another or going after one class of people in particular.

Pretty much Republicans don't agree that the wealthy should have to pay more taxes, instead they want to cut paying for the things I listed above,

• ?
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

The rich, poor gap has widen , The great middle class are disappearing. The republicans want to even help the rich class more. They have lied over weapon's of mass destruction's, lied over health care, now they are lying over what fairness in taxes. Why cant we have honest debates on the truth for a change. The rich already have the money, but are investing it overseas in commies nations. Ford right now is building a big plant in China, Has China built any plants in USA lately. They class war going on right now , its rich class destroying labor UNIONS to push middle class back to poor class.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.