Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

What do you think about Jehovah's Witnesses?

If you have heard of Jehovah's Witnesses, share what you think about them below, please. I want to know what people really think about them, so please be serious and explain your viewpoint. Thank you.

The reason of the door-to-door is because the bible states that humans are supposed to share the good news. We are a Christian group, the only difference is that everything taught in any meeting is based upon what the bible teaches. Yes, I'm a Witness.

Favorite Answer

Greetings,

Asking people for their personal opinions has very little value. Instead of seeking such subjective speculations true value would be found in looking at objective evidence. That is, we should get God's viewpoint by looking within His Word the Bible for the criteria which identifies true Christians. The Bible always indicates that there would be One True religion opposed to many false ones (Mat. 7:15-19 ;2 Cor. 6:14-17; 1 Cor. 10:21).

First, the Bible does not agree with the idea that there are many acceptable religions, all "different roads leading to the same place." Rather it teaches that there is"one Lord and one faith" and "one body" of believers (Eph 4:3-6; 2:16; Rm. 12:5; Jude 3-4). "One body" in scriptures indicate a unity in purpose and togetherness. In Hebrew and Greek the term "congregation" (QAHAL, ECCLESIA) always denotes an organized body or group. Christ showed that we would be able to identify True Christians and they would be separated from the weeds or false Christians at "the conclusion of the system of things...and the righteous ones would then shine as brightly as the sun" (Mat.13:24-30, 36-43; Dan.12:1,3,10; Mal.3:18).

Now, what are the Scriptural evidence we can use in identifying the one true religion? These are not complicated.

Scriptures say true worshipers could be identified in at least three main ways: Love, Truth (Jn.4:23; 17:17), and Fruitage (Mt.7:16ff). Conversely, by these we can also identify the false.

The True religion would be primarily known for it's love toward all (Jn.13:34,35; 1Jn.3:10-12; 4:7, 8). This would include their enemies (Mat.5:44-48; Rom.12:17-20; 1Pet.2:21-23; 3:8- 9). It would not participate in or condone carnal war (2Cor.10:3,4; Isa.2:4).

Apply this basic evidence to what happened in both world wars and current conflicts. People of the same religions met on battlefields and slaughtered one another because of nationalistic differences. Each side claimed to be Christian, and each side was supported by its clergy, who claimed that God was on their side. The definition of a "Christian" is "one who does what Christ would do": WWJD (1 Pet.2:21). That slaughter of "Christian" by "Christian" is rotten fruitage. It is a denial of any claim to being the true Church (cf. Mat.26:52). No Christian would continue to associate with these religions (Rev.18:4).

Another evidence is that the true religion would be made up of people who would all be in agreement on doctrine. It would not have members who believe differently on abortion, war, homosexuality or morals. Its members would not "agree to disagree" (1Cor.1:10; 2Cor.13:11; Phil.1:27). True Christians would be separated from the world by "truth" from God's Word the Bible (Jn.17:17; 4:23). All its teachings would be based on the Bible (2 Tim. 3:14-16; Gal. 1:8, 9).

The true religion would have a reputation for promoting exceptional morality in its members (1Cor.6:9,10; Eph.5:3-5; 2 Pet.3:14; 2Cor.7:1; 2Tim.3:5). Does a religion *require* their congregation members to live moral lives, not allowing practicers of homosexuality, fornication, or adultery to be accepted members of their congregation? Or do they turn a blind eye? If so, their "fruitage" would show they are not true Christians.

Doctrinal and moral standards would be assured from within by removing the unrepentant from association (1Cor.5:11-13, 2Thes. 3:6, Tit.3:10-11, Mat.18:17).

True Christians would be associated with God's name: (Jn.17:3,6,26; Acts 15:14/Isa.55:5; 1 Peter 2:9/Ex.19:4- 5; Ps.83:18). They would not use Bibles which have removed the Most Holy Divine Name of God. Replacing the Divine Name with the common noun "Lord" cannot be justified by any translational principles so it is a blatant "subtraction" from God's word which brings a curse on anyone who approves it (Rev.22:18).

The true Church would be engaged in an unprecedented teaching activity (Matthew 24:14, 28:19, 20). Witnesses right now are performing the greatest Bible education work ever done in all human history!

There are more scripture evidences, however these are plenty to show which religion meets the requirements of being the True religion.

Apostate Christianity has neither the spiritual strength nor the support of God's holy spirit to motivate people to follow the truthful teachings of Jesus Christ. For this reason, the result in Christendom is not true Christianity but counterfeit believers, "weeds" unfit for the Kingdom.-Mat13:24ff.

I have examined almost every religion and I have not seen another one whose members as a whole "practice what they preach," or even unitedly agree on what they should preach. I believe that only Jehovah's Witnesses can meet these requirements.

Sincerely,

BAR-ANERGES

P.S.

You will notice those who cannot defend their theology from the Scriptures must instead make false accusations of what Witnesses teach!

• Elijah

Simply put, I have found that Jehovah's Witnesses base all of their beliefs, their standards for conduct, and organizational procedures on the Bible. I believe that out of all of the religions that exist today, their understanding of the Bible is the most accurate in all of the essential Scriptural truths.

Unfortunately, many people have some serious misunderstandings concerning Jehovah's Witnesses. Some people hate Jehovah's Witnesses and make up lies about them because of some misunderstandings. OR some may have had a bad personal experience with someone who claimed to be a Jehovah's Witness, and then unfairly associated this with the entire religion.

But I think the main reason Jehovah's Witnesses are so despised is because they have returned to what the Bible *actually* teaches and threw out all the trappings and borrowings from philosophies and pagan religions accumulated by most of Christendom over the last 1700 years or so. Since religion is such a personal and emotional thing, most people resent anyone who seems to threaten their long-held religious beliefs.

Whatever the case may be, this "hatred" is actually an identifier of true Christians. (John 15:19; 2 Timothy 4:3-5; 1 Peter 4:4)

Unfortunately, too many of the general public do not have enough *accurate* information to make an educated decision about Jehovah's Witnesses. The best way to find out more about them is through the pages of their official website:

Jehovah's Witnesses—Who Are They? What Do They Believe?http://www.watchtower.org/e/jt/article_03.htm

Search the Entire Content of Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site

http://www.watchtower.org/e/search/search_e.htm

Search the INDEX to the Official Jehovah's Witnesses Web Site

http://www.watchtower.org/e/archives/index.htm

Questions Often Asked by Interested People

http://www.watchtower.org/e/jt/article_08.htm

I don't personally know any JW. They have knocked on my door, and I said I would love to study with them, but wasn't able to at that moment due to being busy, but come back. I have not heard from them-it's been over 3 months.

I appreciate their zeal, but from what I have read about their religion they do not teach God's truth. I would like to be able to talk and study with them to be able to give an accurate opinion of them. As I don't like people making an opinion of my beliefs based on what they read on the internet or in this pamplet or that, I would rather someone ask me flat out what I believe. I would give them the same opportunity. Although they did leave some literature, so I don't feel wrong in taking that into account of my decision. anyway,

Sorta hard to answer as I am still waiting to talk with them :)

Source(s): own experience

They are an arrogant people who do not listen. When they say don't listen to opinions about us, just listen to our credible evidence because it is factual, that is code for everyone else has got no idea besides us Jw's. They are quick to condemn others, but always neglect to consider how it is that they may be unworthy. They are forever rejecting their past mistakes as credible evidence to show that they have many faulty mechanisms in how they understand things. It is for these reasons that the Jw cult can be a very dangerous instrument that is, and will continue to be a mind corrupting influence that could very well be a path to follow the devil

They are the most:

morally upright,

respectful,

loving,

giving,

caring,

gentle,

honest,

humble,

studious,

dedicated,

thoughtful,

lovers of truth,

teachers of truth,

family orientated,

footstep followers of Jesus Christ,

Lovers of God Almighty and His Word and His words,

that I have ever had the privilege of knowing, praying with,

serving Jehovah, shoulder-to-shoulder.

They don't believe in lip service they actually put into practice the teachings of Jesus. John 8:32- John 4:24

As you can see this kind of question provides a platfore for people to to heap every kind of religious, finanical, intellectual, governmental, moral, sexual and social scorn on Jehovah's Witnesses; the general line bein we are guilty of every conceivable crime short of masterminding the holocaust (no wait, I think there is a regular spammer that posts we were in cahoots with Hitler)...

So glad to see Jesus words come true that they hated (and slandered) him and they hate us.

Proud to be taking the blows for my God, JEHOVAH!

Sunshine

They are sincere and kind people that were hungering for truth. They have come out of all walks of life to learn about Jehovah the Most High God and his Son Jesus Christ. I encourage you to consider a Free Bible Study at your convenience.....https://watch002.securesites.net/e/contact/submit.... In that way you will not just be looking at opinions, you will see for yourself.

Edit: As you can see by the way you worded your question you invite the 'haters' onto here. Better to ask a subject that can be discussed in scripture form.

Ten Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are Not of God

1. They have consistently taught false prophecies since the beginning of their movement.

They falsely stated that the end of the present world or system of things would come in 1914 and 1925. They implied over and over again that it would end in 1975.

They indicated that the saints (the remnant of the 144,000) would be taken to heaven in 1878, 1881, 1914, 1918, and 1920.

2. They claim that the light grows brighter and brighter. In fact they have changed doctrines back and forth many times.

The organization has vacillated time and again on medical matters, often with serious results to the lives and health of Jehovah's Witnesses. Take its many stands on vaccination, organ transplants, and blood.

3. The organization of Jehovah's Witnesses has not always claimed to be Spirit directed. During Russell's day, the pastor believed that he and the anointed remnant were the Church and were Spirit directed.

4. The Jehovah's Witnesses have gone far beyond the Scriptures. Many of the rules they have developed have nothing to do with the Scriptures. The reporting of time in preaching, the creation of a hierarchical form of government, disfellowshipment for such things as smoking, celebrating Christmas and birthdays, many rules concerning what is and is not proper in the marriage bed, rules concerning voting, holding public office, etc.

5. Through the Watch Tower Society and in numerous public statements, the leadership of the movement has often told outrageous lies.

The Watch Tower has lied consistently about the nature of its policy in Nazi Germany in 1933. The Declaration published at Berlin in 1933 was an attempt to compromise with the Nazis, was openly anti-Semitic, anti-British, and anti-American.

The attacks that the Society has made on various persons who have questioned the behavior of its leaders have been nothing but a through-going tissue of lies. This was the case in 1894, 1909, 1917, 1918, during Rutherford's war on the elected elders in the late 1920s and 1930s, and specifically with regard to such persons as Walter Salter, Olin Moyle, Carl Jonsson, Raymond Franz, and many thousands of others, including myself.

6. The so-called judicial committees of Jehovah's Witnesses do not operate on the basis of biblical principles where matters are open to ordinary persons as was the case in Israel and in the early Christian congregations. They follow the example of the Holy Office of the Inquisition and the Court of Star Chamber. Consequently, much injustice takes place before these bodies.

7. Watch Tower scholarship is puerile and often dishonest. It typically fails to give proper quotations for sources, quotes out of context, and puts forward ideas which are utterly bizarre.

The New World Translation contains a lot of special pleading and intentional mistranslations.

Watch Tower articles on science are extremely bad, and material on topics such as evolution are notoriously dishonest.

Watch Tower historical works are even worse. The latest Proclaimers book, along with Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose, is a travesty from the standpoint of the professional historian. I personally resent the fact that while they continue to damn me as an apostate and to decry my publications, they feel free to "borrow" information from me and even to use my work in court.

8. Jehovah's Witnesses ignore the clear biblical instructions in James and other parts of the New Testament to carry on works of love such as caring for widows, orphans, and their fellow humans. Placing Watchtower magazines at the doors does not feed empty bellies. In this sense Jehovah's Witnesses have faith (as do the demons) but no works. They are "noisy gongs and clashing cymbals."

9. Jehovah's Witnesses teach that they (at least all but the remnant) are saved through works rather than faith. Furthermore, they are told that only the remnant have Jesus Christ as their mediator. The vast majority are told that they should not partake of communion. Since they are told that they are not members of the body of Christ, are not born again, and are not Spirit directed (except through the remnant), where are they? Romans 8:9 (RSV) says: "Any one who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him."

10. Jehovah's Witnesses have become notorious for their roles in marriage breakdowns and in child custody cases. There are more JW child custody cases in the United States and Canada than all other religious child custody cases put together. Surely this says something about Jehovah's Witnesses that is not particularly attractive.

Jehovah's Witnesses are the most besmeared and slandered group, but there is no doubt that these folks have the truth. The only ones that can actually be called Jesus footstep followers when other self-professed Christians fail miserably.