Does anyone know how to overwrite the total amount due on an hourly QuickBooks invoice?

I have an hourly invoice template for a service contract that is hourly-not-to-exceed a certain dollar amount, for example $2000. The invoice, of course, calculates the total due based on the number of hours times the hourly rate. When we go over the "not-to-exceed" amount, I would like to show the... show more I have an hourly invoice template for a service contract that is hourly-not-to-exceed a certain dollar amount, for example $2000. The invoice, of course, calculates the total due based on the number of hours times the hourly rate. When we go over the "not-to-exceed" amount, I would like to show the actual time spent and cost to us, but have the invoice reflect the total due of only $2000. Does anyone know how to adjust the total due to a fixed number and not the calculation of the hourly rates?
1 answer 1