Are Magpul accessories for both airsoft and real ar-15 rifles?

I have a real AR-15 that I want to put some Magpul accessories on. Specifically MBUS sights, collapsable stock, grip, etc. I have been looking on E-bay for some used stuff and I see a ton of stuff for airsoft guns. Are the accessories the same for both? What is the difference? Some stuff says Magpul style, others say PTS(Professional Training and Simulation) Will it work as long as it is mil spec? I can't seem to find any info on Magpuls website.

Favorite Answer

There are 3 different categories for Magpul Products for the AR15/Airsoft Platform.

1. RS (Real Steel in the airsoft community) - These are the MOE or Magpul Original Equipment. They are the hardened and tested polycarbonate that are used on real rifles. These will hold up to the conditions your rifle will put them through.

2. PTS - These accessories will still fit but are not made from the same polycarbonate material that the regular MOE stuff. These WILL fit on your AR15. The only thing that wouldn't recommend using would be the MBUS as they will not withstand the rifles recoil and you will lose your site. I've used the MOE PTS on my REAL AR15 before and it was fine: http://www.flickr.com/photos/primerx24/5798836780/...

3. ACM (All China Made in the airsoft community) - Watch out for this category. They are the cheap chinese nock offs of the PTS and RS versions of Magpul products. While they MAY fit, they will soon break. Also they may be discolored and the tradmarks are misspelled. BE CAREFUL when buying "PTS" equipment, as it maybe ACM.

Source(s): I run Lehigh Valley Airsoft (http://www.lvairsoft.com) Contributor and Moderator of NYAirsoft.com Avid pistol and rifle shooter.

Ar 15 Airsoft

Sounds like you are concerned about being left out in the cold when another assault rifle ban happens. The smart thing to do is simply buy a few AR-15 lowers. You can get a Superior Arms for $95 or dump $140 for a name brand Rock River. They take up no room at all, and, later on you - or your grand kids - can build what ever type of AR-15 you want. Back in the early 1980's a full auto M-16 lower would have cost you $300 plus the $200 tax. Now you can't touch one for under $14,000. According to Forbes magazine - investing in a full auto lower is the #1 investement of the last 25 yeras. Who knew?

• Mr.357

Magpul is a brand of parts for real rifles. Magpul style means looks like magpul stuff but pretty crappy.

Anything made for a toy will not hold up on the real deal,why do you think drag racers don't use fisher price tires?

Get the gear here,cheaper than any other site I have found (besides ammo prices) and it has a large selection of everything

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/advanced_cat_se...

Cane I was thinking the same thing but he says "magpul style" my guess is its cheap shitty gear marketed as "magpul" style to get more people interested.

• tobler

Airsoft Ar15

• C T M

If you go to Magpul's website and look, you will not find anything there listed as "airsoft". There's a reason for that.