Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

What does "Faith" mean? Does it validate God's existence?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago

Faith is to Religion as a skater is to an ice-covered lake. Our personal beliefs don't change reality. If God exists, atheists cannot wish him away. If God does not exist, then no amount of prayer can summon him.

Atheists have more faith that God does not exist than many believers have in God's existence.

• 8 years ago

Faith is strongly believing and living by something. And no, it doesn't "validate" God's existence because we don't need faith to validate His existence. He is there, He is here, and He is everywhere. Whether we have faith or not, every knee shall bow and tongue will confess that He is here and He is God.

• 8 years ago

Believing God.

Not blindly. Not making up what you think maybe God might have said, or meant.

Faith has evidence and substance.

You start out by wondering what is true, then seeking it. Step two is to ponder "either there is a God who Created all things or there is not" and looking at the consequences of believing either of those things. Since it is impossible to pray to evolution and ask it to reveal its plan for you life, the wise thing to do is to ask The Lord something like this"If You are real, like Christians say you are, and Jesus Christ paid for my sin, and that is the ONLY way to get into heaven, then I want to know that. I want to believe that. If that means that my life must change, and that sin needs to be dealt with, show me. Make me understand. If You are God, and You truly do not want people to perish...."

Pray that in your own words.

Never follow any faith blindly. Or based on what your mom, or your bff is in to.

Know God for yourself. THAT is faith.

• 8 years ago

Faith means abandoning reasoning for accepting something you know is not REAL.

If it were true or real why would you need faith?

I can't see 'air' but I don't need 'faith' to know that it exist. I can 'reason' that it exist. I can validate it. No faith needed.

It does not validate God, in fact it proves he/she/it does not exist.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

HOW would you define faith? Some equate it with blind belief. Influential American essayist and journalist H. L. Mencken once called faith “an illogical belief in the occurrence of the improbable.”

The Bible, in contrast, describes faith as being neither blind nor illogical. God’s Word says: “Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.”—Hebrews 11:1.

At the time of the writing of the Bible book of Hebrews, the Greek term translated “assured expectation” was commonly used. It often appeared in business documents and carried the idea of a guarantee of future possession of something. Therefore, one reference work suggests that Hebrews 11:1 could be translated: “Faith is the title-deed of things hoped for.”If you have ever bought an item from a reputable company and then waited for it to be delivered, you have exercised that type of faith. The sales receipt in your hand gave you reason for faith in the company from which you bought the item. In a sense, that receipt was your title deed, your guarantee that you would receive what you purchased. If you had lost the receipt or had thrown it away, you would have lost the proof of your claim of ownership. Similarly, those who have faith that God will fulfill his promises are guaranteed to receive what they hope for. On the other hand, those who do not have faith, or who lose it, are not entitled to receive the things God promises.—James 1:5-8.The second expression at Hebrews 11:1, translated “evident demonstration,” carries the idea of producing evidence that contradicts that which only appears to be factual. For instance, the sun appears to revolve around the earth—rising in the east, moving through the sky, and setting in the west. However, evidence from astronomy and mathematics reveals that the earth is not the center of the solar system. Once you become familiar with that evidence and accept it as true, you have faith that the earth revolves around the sun—despite what your eyes tell you. Your faith is not blind. On the contrary, it gives you the ability to see things as they really are, not merely as they seem to be.

What Is Faith?

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20090501/article_01.ht...

• 8 years ago

Its kinda like this people believe they have a spirit,why? You can't see it. You can only see the flesh so we consider the fate of our spirits eternity. You can't see eternity but there has always been time so why would there not be an eternity? The wise considers immortality but the fool goes about their worthless business straight to hell. God said there is no excuse to not believe so it is that persons own responsibility to consider their own fate and there is only two choices heaven or hell ,except Jesus or don't

• 8 years ago

Yes.

Faith and Success - Because you gotta have Faith, Faith, Faith

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Faith is the opposite of knowledge.

• 8 years ago

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."

--Friedrich Nietzche

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.