Don't people realize that the Christian God hates gays?

You can't be Christian and accept homosexuality.

Jesus said to be like him, was Jesus gay? God says homosexuality in an abomination. There is no point in being gay and being Christian. What if you converted someone to your religion and they ended up getting on the gay hate train like most Christians?

Don't people realize the ONLY reason gay marriage still isn't legal is because of Christians?

So why do we have Christians claiming to be okay with it, isn't that just taking what you want out of a religion instead of what is CLEARLY stated in your holy text?

Why not pick a religion that is as tolerant as you are instead of repeating to yourself that Jesus's message was to love everyone (which isn't even true)? Seriously, there are lots of others out there, other religions that don't think they should interfere with people who want to get married. Is it because you haven't realized that your own God hates gay people yet?

I'm not putting my words in God's mouth but this is seriously part of the Christian religion. What someone said on here is absolutely true "god says your with me or without me."

That is exactly the Christian interpretation of what God thinks, not what I think.

Also there are other religions like paganism, buddhism, thelema, and more that respect homosexuality.

Favorite Answer

If homosexuality is so 'bad', why was there NOT a word for it in aramaic (hebrew) or in the koine greek-the languages of the bible?!?

The 'prohibitions' agaists gay in the bible only exist in REVISED translations. Most people will cite the ordiances in their REVISED translations of Leviticus to support their prejudgements. Though a literal translation of these from the aramaic would be 'a man shall not lay with another man IN THEY LAYINGS OF A WOMAN" or as stated reversely in dealing with women laying with other women. These ordiances are found in the RITUAL practices section of Leviticus, since they are dealing with pagan rituals. Most of the 'important' laws are parelleled in the dueteronomy covenant. There is NOTHING about 'gays' in dueteronomy. The parellel law here is Deuteronomy 23:17 No Israelite man or woman is to become a temple prostitute. Many people are ignorant of ancient pagan ritual practices of old, so they get confused over the issue.

The other 2 references to anti-gay propaganda come in from the letters of 'Paul'. One is again dealing pagan ritual practices, probably the sect of Anath a fertiillty goddes. The other is depicted as 'homosexuality' in a list of other sins. Though under inspection of this list in the odler texts, its listed as 'aroketsinite'', which is a BYZANTINE greek word, not used this way until arounf the mid to late 5th century, so OBVIOUSLY an addition to the text.

There are some that will try to claim that the people of Sodom and Gamorrah were gays. Whidh is totally illogical as well as being way out of context. Homosexuality has ALWAYS been rare, and ya want people to think that there were 2 cities full of gays. Though if you actually read the context, one finds that it was just 2 cities wiped out by god, it was all 5 cities of plains. While no evidence remains of the five cities of the plains (Zeboim, Admah, Bela or Zoar, Sodom, and Gomorrah) their sites are believed to be beneath the waters at the southern end of the sea. So now we are to assume that there were 5 cities of gays?!?

The context is that they were all CANAANITE cities, said to be destroyed. In response to why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, Deut 29:25-27 Men should say, 'It is because they forsook the covenant of the LORD, the God of their Fathers, which He made with them when He brought them out of the Land of Egypt, and went and served OTHER gods and worshipped them, gods whom he had not allotted them; therefore the anger of the Lord was kindled against this land, bringing upon it all the curses of this book;

Some use the term 'sodomite' within some revised translations, but one should note this term is not applied to the text until the mid to late 8th century. Its inclusion and later traditions of 'homosexuality' come in over the translation of the term Ta'da, meaning to know as fact, or is some limited variation pertaining to sex but only in reference to pregnancy of a woman. When the people came to Lot's home and said being out your visitors so we can "know" them. IN CONTEXT, the cities of the plains had just finished a massive war, and they see Lot meet people and the gate and 'secret' them back to his house. NO sex involved there.

The only verses that MIGHT be linked with homosexuality though, would in the 'marriage' of Jonathan and David in 1 samual 18. The author cites ALL the aspects of marriage, the loves, the loving, the knitting of sous, and cleaving can be attributed from the later text. Some claim they wree only 'good friends', but I guess this can be said when a guy strips naked in front of another guy, pledges his undying love, and they go home together, I guess that would be 'special friends'.

All the anti-gay propaganda is really nothing more that the precepts of man and revised translations being twisted to support thier bias. Besides are you trying to claim YOU are god, as to who is included and who is excluded as 'god's children'?!? If there is a god of love, caring and compassion, I really don't think your version of god is like that.

Mat 23:13 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! Because you shut the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither enter yourselves, nor allow those who would enter to go

Mat 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest

Mat 5:11 Christ says, blessed are you when men revile you, and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.

there are MANY more were these come from, it really sounds like perhaps you should leave your prejudgements at the door and read your bible more.

Source(s): Ecclesiates 4:9-11 two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? ISA 10:1-2 Woe to those who decree iniquitous decrees, and the writers who keep writing oppression, to turn aside the needy from justice and to rob the poor of my people of their right, that widows may be their spoil, and that they may make the fatherless their prey!

Hi. So I can sort of see where you're coming from. You're obeying the bible testaments, aren't you? "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." Leviticus 18:22, right?

Well, answer me this: when was the last time you got a haircut? Because, I'm afraid, it happens to be against the bible.

"You shall not round off the hair on your temples or mar the edges of your beard." Leviticus 19:27.

And one more thing: I assume you're wearing clothing, right? (Weird question, I know, just bear with me). And I assume that you aren't dressed completely in the same fabric. Well, sorry, but you're disobeying the bible yet again!

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material." Leviticus 19:19

My point: you are disobeying verses from the very same testament that disproves homosexuality. So, by your own logic, god must hate you too. So I suggest you leave the gays alone, and check yourself before you wreck yourself.

No.

God loves all human beings. You are confusing people who are attracted to people of the same sex with immoral behavior.

Created in the image of the one God and equally endowed with rational souls, all men have the same nature and the same origin. Redeemed by the sacrifice of Christ, all are called to participate in the same divine beatitude: all therefore enjoy an equal dignity.

The Catholic Church believes there is nothing sinful about being homosexual. But homosexuals like all unmarried people are called to celibacy.

Homosexual acts (not people with homosexual tendencies) are condemned in the Bible in Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, 1 Timothy 1:9-10, and possibly Jude 1:7.

Heterosexual acts outside of marriage are condemned in the Bible even more often, like in Exodus 22:16-17, Leviticus 18:6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, Deuteronomy 22:13-21, Proverbs 5:15-21, 7:1, 6, 15, 21, 23:27-28, 29:3, Malachi 2:16, 1 Corinthians 5:9-13, 6:9-10, 15-18, 7:1-2, 8-9, 28, 34, 36-38, 2 Corinthians 11:2, Ephesians 5:31, Matthew 19:7, 1 Thessalonians 4:2-8, Hebrews 13:4, 1 Timothy 5:2, and many others.

In addition to these Scriptures, there are over 30 other verses praising virgins. And, of course, a multitude of Scriptures praising marriage and faithful spouses and condemning adultery.

The Church specifically says that homosexuals "must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided."

Here is the text of the document, On the Pastoral Care of Homosexual Persons (1986): http://www.newadvent.org/library/docs_df86ho.htm

For more information, see the Catechism of the Catholic Church, section 2357-2359: http://www.usccb.org/catechism/text/pt3sect2chpt2a...

With love in Christ.

Listen everyone interprets the Bible in there own way. Jesus was quoted as saying its an abomination. Now I interpret that as, Its an abomination on life. We were made to procreate &

to maximize our existence on this planet. Two men cannot have a child, two woman cannot

have a child, it is not logicial. Jesus did not hate Gay & lesbian people, he hated that fact that

they were sinning against life & humanity. We can all love each other weather were men or

woman, its the perverted sex that comes with it, that God dislikes. God loves all humanity

he just dislikes our choices we execute which go against the belief of life, of our existence.

Jesus does love everyone, thats why he came to re-open the gates of heaven that God our

father closed because we are all sinners.

Listen there is a right way & a wrong way, is there not ? If something doesnt feel good than it

is the wrong way of being. We were not wired for same sex partners.

Mark 2:17 (New International Version)

2:17 On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Killing is not bad either, but its wrong. In self defense it is ones right to protect themselves.

Eating food isnt bad either, but eating too much & becoming a glutton is not right.

You can be in any religion, but they all have there rules & are didactive in whats right & wrong.

How do you interpret the bible ?

Remember you have a choice to do the right or the wrong choice.

God does not HATE GAYs...He loves All Man Kind..BUT he does Hate Sin and if any one chooses to hold on to their sins at the end...then they will burn with them connected to them.

The Believers will have no sin in appearance because Christs, covering of His righteous Blood is covering us at Judgment being done in heaven now in the Holy Sanctuary. So when Christ comes to get us in the Second coming, Our reward is already with Jesus for us.

All Humans have the opportunity to be cleansed and Love Christ and walk in His footsteps even the homosexuals. They will have to give up this Practice of sinning in the Strength of Christ, and let Christ re-chisel their old nature into a New Creation of God.We all have this opportunity to Repent and reach out to Christ." Homosexuality is an abomination",the practice there off..but NOT the human, it is his" actions" that are an abomination God Loves all Humans and we are not to Hate--EVER..just the sin.. See the difference?.He is not lost until his last breath, if he has not decided to Love Jesus .

Source(s): KJV
  • Nous

Blasphemy and an unforgiveable sin to hide behind god to be so intolerant, hate filled, bigoted and persecuting towards others!

Anglican leaders from around the world reiterated their opposition to the "victimisation or diminishment" of gays and lesbians, saying demonising and persecuting them was "totally against Christian charity and basic principles of pastoral care".

"We say that no one should have to live in fear because of the bigotry of others."

The mormons poured millions into forcing through prop 8 in CA: to ban gay marriage. In August 2010 the court held that to be unconstitutional. On 15 June 2011 the San Francisco court upheld that decision because it violates the constitutional rights of citizens. It is now awaiting the Supreme Court verdict e which is expected to uphold the early court decision.

If that happens then gay marriage will become legal everywhere!

The loving god works in mysterious ways!

God does not hate gays or anyone else. What God hates is the lifestyle of sin. That means all sin not just homosexual relationships. The Catholic Church holds this position and welcomes all sinners to repent and be saved in community with all believers. I am divorced; therefore, I must live without sexual relations. Married people must live chastely in their sexual union, and priests are to live chastely in celibacy. Paul wrote: my spirit is willing but my flesh is weak. He sinned, but not by mindful choice. That is what we are called to. If we fail, let it be because our flesh was weak not because we just choose to sin. Seek forgiveness in weakness, then God will show His strength in forgiveness. A person may have same sex temptations, but chose to remain chaste. In failure, they as any other believer, can turn to God for mercy and make a declaration to sin no more. God will forgive 7 x's 77 x's. His mercy to the sincere penitent is without limit. The Catholic Church embraces the repentant, offers God's forgiveness, and prays with all that they may remain free from sin.

God does not hate anyone. God hates the sin, but not the sinner. This is because the sin separates the sinner from God. As a result, it is through sin that people will not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven because the wages of sin is death. God does not want us to die, that is why God hates sin and sent us a Messiah to save us from Hell.

• KK

God doesn't hate gays. He loves them, you know... love the sinner but hate the sin. I am a sinner, I am also the child of a gay man, I know God loves me despite my sin. My father fought God all his life, but yet I know for a fact that my father accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior just hours before he died. I also know for a fact that my father gave up his earthly body and is with God/Jesus right now, with a new body.

Give the choice between tolerance of ALL people and joining Christianity, ...

Christianity loses every time. Yet the irony is that it is founded on the beliefs of someone who tried to tell followers to love thy neighbor and to FORGIVE all who do wrong.

I can do without the hatred of the Christian God, who probably (very probably) doesn't exist.

I have a gay person in my extended family. I can make up my mind on the qualities of this person. If I listen to Christians, I see nothing but lies about homosexuality. Which is one of many reasons why I finally gave up on God a long time ago. That much hatred from a "loving God" makes no sense - unless the hatred comes from people because their God isn't real.

Oh, stuff it. No one really cares except other shove-it-down-your-throat-Christians... I suggest you get a life instead of debating and arguing over a concept that no one is ever going to agree on. No two Christians believe in the same thing. They all are in common, but one will believe that god loves gays while another says to let them burn in hell. Plus the bible is outdated anyways. There are many things in the bible that it says are wrong and society today goes against it all. Too bad and get over it already. Let people believe what they want to believe.

And don't say "you" like everyone is a Christian because MY Goddess and Horned God don't hate Homosexual people and neither do half the other religions including some nice and down to earth Christians.