Why does Waldorf school seem so weird?

I visited an absolutely beautiful Waldorf school today possibly for my 3-year-old child. The classrooms felt like something out of an old fable or something. that part was great. But here are the things I found strange but would love an explanation if anyone knows. I'm trying to be open-minded! 1. The... show more I visited an absolutely beautiful Waldorf school today possibly for my 3-year-old child. The classrooms felt like something out of an old fable or something. that part was great. But here are the things I found strange but would love an explanation if anyone knows. I'm trying to be open-minded!

1. The teachers "sang" to the children more than speaking.
2. No books in the classroom in pre-K or Kindergarten.
3. If a child comes to school and discusses a character they saw in a movie (like Bambi, for example), they will be asked to refrain from speaking about such things so as to not taint the imagination of other children.
4. All the teachers seemed like they were on LSD (seriously). They all had presented themselves in this dreamy state that was kind of nice but I just didn't get it. was it real or for the kids?
5. The 3 year-olds were all painting on a square piece of paper and the only option was yellow...so they all had identical solid yellow paintings when it was complete. Why?

Although I LOVED the dreamy, fantasy vibe for my young child, I just didn't understand the aspects I listed. Anyone have any thoughts or experiences related to my list?