17R3W
17R3W asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Breitbart says "We Have Guns, We Outnumber Liberals. I'm not kidding". Why is this okay?

Right-Winger Andrew Breitbart fantasized about a hypothetical Civil War with the left saying the following to a group of Tea Party members - "We outnumber them in this country, and we have the guns".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41jcsTh60MM

Youtube thumbnail

Favorite Answer

Breitbart is not kidding! He thinks about taking the first shot. And he claims that the military will be on his side, because they tell him they have his back.

He must be really connected to get that from the military.

The distinction with his "hate talk" is Breitbart is talking about really shooting liberals and entering a civil war for real not just a rude comment like "I wish you would just die." He really wants to shoot liberals. Are liberals not also his fellow Americans? We all love the same country.

We can't even get a comment from the right that this is wrong just trumped up charges that it's understandable since liberals say bad things too. But I haven't heard anything yet that comes close to this. And if there is something like this from the left is should be condemned. Why would anybody left or right support this type of talk? Shame on any of you if that is your response.

they might prove because of the fact a large kind of the liberals that raise Rush Limbaugh and actually care approximately what he says are the TMZ followers that have those days grow to be followers of politics. Chaos may well be incited and Wanda Sykes might have an open invitation to make some extra jokes with regard to the guy. Rush Limbaugh may well be secretly putting liberals on his pay roll as his inventory has skyrocketed. Little huge-unfold actuality to a large kind of the recent liberals: He has been doing this element for over 2 a protracted time. observe: I even have in no way listened to his coach and screw the Republicans too. i'm purely no longer asserting something that's no longer real.

The difference between Hoffa and Breitbart is Hoffa meant take them out of office, not kill them. Breitbart wants his fellow far right tea party freaks to actually kill liberals. Did you hear how they all laughed nervously? He's a total loser who doesn't deserve the publicity. Any attempt to start a civil war would be squashed before it really began.

• Lady

Why is it ok? Freedom of speech.

My parents are tea partiers so I understand his point of view. But I understand something he might not: If you gun down a tea partier's liberal daughter... they're going to shoot you between the eyes. Doesn't matter what your political affiliation is.

Simple statement of fact really the nation is by majority a "center right" country and given just the numbers of registered hunters in the US they would constitute the largest standing army on the planet and most lean center or right so whats your point you don't like facts or are you trying to somehow attach his words to all right leaning Americans or gun owners and somehow make some idiotic vilification based on that stupid assumption???

It is just as "okay" as the remarks made by Maxine Waters, V.P Bite Me, and Hoffa. Get used to things working both ways.

Biden called tea partiers terrorists. Seems like a valid response to this kind of attack.

For the same reason as these are okay:

USA Today's Julianne Malveaux, whose leftist sympathies makes Karl Marx look like a right-wing kook, spat out this crudity about Justice Clarence Thomas, a fellow black: "I hope his wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early like many black men do, of heart disease."

(Rush Limbaugh)" just wants the country to fail. To me that's treason. He's not saying anything different than what Osama Bin Laden is saying. You might want to look into this, sir, because I think Rush Limbaugh was the 20th hijacker but he was just so strung out on Oxycontin he missed his flight. ... Rush Limbaugh, I hope the country fails, I hope his kidneys fail, how about that?" -- Wanda Sykes

Sandra Bernhard is still alive (?) and just got herself banned from a benefit for a women’s shelter after recently making a rape joke about Sarah Palin. Sandra said the Alaska governor would get “gang-raped by my big black brothers” if she ever came to New York, according to Us Magazine:

This morning in Arizona, this time of the ever-escalating, borderline-ecstatic invocation of violence in fact or in fantasy in our political discourse, closed. It is essential tonight not to demand revenge, but to demand justice; to insist not upon payback against those politicians and commentators who have so irresponsibly brought us to this time of domestic terrorism, but to work to change the minds of them and their supporters – or if those minds tonight are too closed, or if those minds tonight are too unmoved, or if those minds tonight are too triumphant, to make sure by peaceful means that those politicians and commentators and supporters have no further place in our system of government.

If Sarah Palin, whose website put and today scrubbed bullseye targets on 20 Representatives including Gabby Giffords, does not repudiate her own part in amplifying violence and violent imagery in politics, she must be dismissed from politics – she must be repudiated by the members of her own party, and if they fail to do so, each one of them must be judged to have silently defended this tactic that today proved so awfully foretelling, and they must in turn be dismissed by the responsible members of their own party.

Why was Hoffa, Jr. okay? Why was it okay to call Bush Hitler, but if you simply disagree with Obama's policies, you're racist or worthy of a negative label?

why do people think that only conservatives have guns? my great-grandfather has 400+ hunting rifles, pistols, assault rifles, etc. and he is a liberal

• Takfam

If a keyboard jockey like Breitbart thinks he can strong arm people into voting for whom he wants through veiled threats, he is sadly mistaken.

And if he can, then the (domestic) terrorists have won.