Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 8 years ago

Scammed out of a car. What can I sue for?

I live in Virginia. I went to go purchase a 2000 Civic Si for $2800. Everything was fine with car...just needed a new tranny. Shortly after i realized it was a dumb mistake as i needed a running car ASAP and did not have time to fix the tranny as I was going to do it myself. A family fiend said that he would trade his Subaru SVX for my car. Everything was fine with car...i loved it. We agreed to do the trade next day....after signing over the title the next day i realized this wasnt even the same car...Same year same color...but 30k more mileage, no aftermarket rotors, exhaust had major leak, no inspection, just alot of stuff wrong. Then i went to register car and to my dismay (i know i should have checked) Car wasnt even registered in his name...i couldnt register the car...i tracked down original owner...and he stated that he gave it to USAA as salvage...i faxed him the title and the original responded and told me that wasnt even his signature and stated his name wasnt even spelled right. I immediately call the guy who traded me and hes like too bad i sold the Civic...too shorten it....he lied....never sold the civic...registered it in his name...DMV investigators worked with me and told me he forged the Bill of Sale to make it look like the previous owner of civic sold it directly to him. Now hes gonna get charged for title fraud. It has been a few months and found out he no longer has the car. Questions: What can i sue for in addition to $2800? Can the new owner of "my" civic be stripped of rights to it since it was sold to him fraudulently? Yu think Id win my case? I kind of want the car back more than i want the money to be honest. please help i know this was long but thank you.

Best Answer

You can sue for 2800 and possible court costs and THAT is all.

• score

in case you signed it, probable no longer. except they have been deceptive you. in the event that they have solid your initials, then you definately probable have a case against them! often times you may prepare the case your self, returned saving your self the headache of spending plenty for a legal expert. in case you get a legal expert, make certain you realize what you would be required to pay, or you may locate the case a waste of time and the legal expert ending up with with the quantity of what you have been suing for. examine the high-quality print! yet why might you want to get a private loan for a automobile besides? Do you realize how plenty you particularly are paying? you will finally end up paying plenty extra for it! whenever you get a private loan for something, they'll distinctly much continuously throw on and or require you have different issues added like intense value coverage plans, loopy prolonged warranties and so on and so on and so on. you always pay extra for loans, for that kind of money which you're paying, you have bought 10 autos that use much less gas! or in step with risk a down cost on a house. Why spend plenty each month for a million wow from each of your loved ones and friends. no longer worth it. a posh automobile would not make us one bit extra valuable, basically slightly extra poorer. yet another tip is to purpose and purchase privately. you shrink out the midsection guy and finally end up saving hundreds.

It's politically incorrect to call them "tranny." The preferred term these days is "transgendered."

• Mike

Technically you are still the owner of the car. If you want it back you can get it.