does anyone think these artists have a legacy?

Artists that have a legacy:

The Beatles

John Lennon

Paul McCartney

Elvis Presley

Michael Jackson

Madonna

Elton John

Led Zeppelin

Queen

ABBA

Celine Dion

Mariah Carey

Pink Floyd

AC/DC

The Rolling Stones

Mick Jagger

Bee Gees

Andy Gibb

Whitney Houston

Janet Jackson

U2

Aerosmith

Genesis

Phil Collins

Frank Sinatra

Stevie Wonder

Barbara Streisand

David Bowie

Bon Jovi

John Bon Jovi

Garth Brooks

Chicago

Peter Ciatra

Earth Wind and Fire

The Beach Boys

Selena

Aaliyah

Lauryn Hill

The Eagles

Don Henley

Bruce Springsteen

Dire Straits

Shania Twain

Neil Diamond

Barry White

Billy Joel

Britney Spears

Bryan Adams

The Carpenters

Cher

Depeche Mode

Dolly Parton

Fleetwood Mac

Stevie Nicks

Beyonce

Usher

Destiny’s Child

Mary J. Blige

George Michael

Guns N Roses

TLC

Jackson 5

Julio Iglesias

Kenny Rogers

Kiss

Lionel Riche

Alicia Keys

Toni Braxton

Luciano Pavarotti

Metallica

Oliva Newton John

Rod Stewart

Aretha Franklin

Tina Turner

Scorpions

The Who

Gloria Estefan

Carlos Santana

Prince

Journey

Luis Miguel

Sheryl Crow

Alanis Moriessette

BZ’s

The Doors

Eurythmics

Iron Madien

Van Helen

Hall and Oates

Spice Girls

Ace of Base

A-Ha

Bob Dylan

Bob Seger

Boyz II Men

Duran Duran

George Strait

Meat Loaf

Motley Crue

Nirvana

Oasis

Pearl Jam

The Police

Sting

Reba McEntire

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Kylie Minogue

Sade

Shakira

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Tony Bennett

Vicente Hernandez

Willie Nelson

The Supremes

Diana Ross

Marvin Gaye

Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons

Connie Francis

Brenda Lee

Bryan Adams

George Michael

Bobby Vinton

John Cougar Mellencamp

Bobby Vinton

Three Dog Nights

Ray Charles

Chubby Checker

Kool and the Gang

Ricky Nelson

Commodores

Paul Anka

Barry Manilow

Dionne Warwick

Glady’s Knight and The Pips

Heart

The Everly Brothers

R. Kelly

Bobby Darin

James Brown

Richard Marx

Jefferson Airplane/Jefferson Starship/Starship

Linda Ronstadt

Smokey Robinson and the Miracles

The Pointer Sisters

John Denver

Four Tops

Tony Orlando and Dawn

The 5th Dimension

Air Supply

Captain and Tennille

Air Supply

Roy Orbison

LeAnn Rimes

The Spinners

Faith Hill

Tim McGraw

Dion

Billy Ocean

Tommy James

Brook Benton

Michael Bolton

Styx

Neil Sedaka

Herman’s Hermits

Simon and Garfunkel

Brandy

En Vogue

Babyface

Patti LaBelle

Donna Summer

Bobby Brown

Christina Aguilera

Gwen Stafani

No Doubt

Bob Marley

New Edition

Paula Abdul

Jennifer Lopez

Andrea Boccelli

P!nk

Peter Gabriel

Sly and the Family Stone

Johnny Cash

Jimmi Hendrix

Radiohead

June Carter

Rick James

Little Richard

Cyndi Lauper

Natalie Cole

Sarah McLachlan

Loretta Lynn

Eartha Kitt

Bette Midler

Chaka Khan

Patti Smith

Annie Lennox

Janis Joplin

Bonnie Raitt

Joni Mitchell

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It is a long list but most of them look like they have recorded stuff which will be left behind after they are gone. So yes, they will have a legacy. The real question is what kind of legacy will they leave behind. It is the good and noble legacies that stand the test of time and get remembered. Some of the people on that list have contributed a few songs/records but really haven't impacted humanity is a very positive way. Some have and those are the ones that will truly be remembered.

• 8 years ago

Yes I certainly believe that many artists/bands on this list have or left a legacy.

Although, a majority of people listed here are famous, they are NOT legendary.

An example of this would be: Pink (she's a real good singer, but not a legend), Boyz II Men (Really?), Oasis (sorry but no.), A-HA, Destiny's Child, and so on.

Groups such as The Beatles, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, Pink Floyd, Jackson 5, Michael Jackson, The Rolling Stones, Queen, Elvis Presley, Led Zeppelin, Frank Sinatra, Bon Jovi, David Bowie, and just groups/artists that are older are the ones who are legends.

There are some exceptions as well, i.e Nirvana, who pretty much started the whole "grunge" scene.

Although to be honest, I don't know why you're asking this. It's pretty obvious who is and who isn't. With a few exceptions and such. :v

• 8 years ago

Most of them do like.Aaliyah-LegacyAaliyah has been credited for helping redefine R&B and hip hop in the 1990s, "leaving an indelible imprint on the music industry as a whole."Steve Huey of Allmusic wrote Aaliyah ranks among the "elite" artists of the R&B genre, as she "played a major role in popularizing the stuttering, futuristic production style that consumed hip-hop and urban soul in the late '90s." Described as one of "R&B's most important artists" during the 1990s, her second studio album, One in a Million, became one of the most influential R&B albums of the decade.According to Sal Cinquemani of Slant Magazine, Aaliyah provided a "missing link" between hip hop and electronica With sales of 8.1 million albums in the United States and an estimated 24 to 32 million albums worldwide, Aaliyah has been named the "Princess of R&B" and "Queen Of Urban Pop" and "proved she was a muse in her own right".Ernest Hardy of Rolling Stone dubbed her as the "undisputed queen of the midtempo come-on".Aaliyah was honored at the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards by Janet Jackson, Missy Elliott, Timbaland, Ginuwine and her brother, Rashad, who all paid tribute to her.In the same year, the United States Social Security Administration ranked the name Aaliyah one of the 100 most popular names for newborn girls.Aaliyah was ranked as one of "The Top 40 Women of the Video Era" in VH1's 2003 The Greatest series. She was also ranked at number 18 on BET's "Top 25 Dancers of All Time".Aaliyah has also appeared on both 2000 and 2001 list of Maxim Hot 100 in position 41 and the latter at 14.In memory of Aaliyah, the Entertainment Industry Foundation created the Aaliyah Memorial Fund to donate money raised to charities she supported.In December 2009, Billboard magazine ranked Aaliyah at number 70 on its Top Artists of the Decade,while her eponymous album was ranked at number 181 on the magazine's Top 200 Albums of the Decade.T.L.C Billboard magazine ranked the group as one of the greatest musical trios of all time. Between 1992 and 2003 the band accumulated ten top ten singles, four number one singles, four multi-platinum albums, and four Grammy Awards. At the end of 1999, the band was ranked as the seventh most successful act of the 1990s by Billboard magazine. In 2008, the group was inducted into the All Time Hot 100 Artist Hall of Fame by the same magazine, at 56th place. They are also listed as one of the Top R&B/Hip Hop artists in the last 25 years at #25. you forgot about Tammi Terrell and Marvin Gaye.

• 8 years ago

Legacy to me is something one can give, so in my opinion all these artists have or had something to give,.. however translated, they all are giving us something to remember what is precious and largely untapped in phenomenon we call life.

Too add to list, (while I'm sure there are others),..an awesome talented artist, who is someone very dear to my heart..Bruce Springsteen, and if he is on your list, sorry, I can't see the forest through the trees..lol..

Worth the read-

A MUSICIAN'S LEGACY

Bruce Springsteen's incredible legacy-

http://www.rawstory.com/exclusives/majoe/bruce_spr...

:)

EDIT: I found him in your list, Bruce Springsteen that is..lol.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

A bunch of them do but I'm gonna mention Christina Aguilera <3

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Britney Spears is the best forever and ever and I love and lust her for so many years :)

• 8 years ago

Yes, maybe about half of them, because that's all the artists I recognize.

It's a loong list.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.