What exactly is the Trademark Case that the Haifan Baha'i Organization lost recently?

Are the Religious Symbols of Baha'i faith registered as Trademarks? Is the name Baha'u'llah a registered trademark? And are the Baha'is registered as an 'Incorporated Company' in many countries under the Companies Act? Do Baha'is have a corporate style administrative structure?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, They are registered Trademarks. And the Baha'i faith is Registered under Companies Act. Refer the older versions of BAHA'I WORLD (Baha'i Annual World Digest) and see the Registration Certificates of different Countries. Actually Baha'i faith is a MLM company. For details on court cases please visit the below link.

• phrog
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

the NSA (national spiritual assembly) did NOT file another appeal - in april 2011 - thus concluding the case - against the orthodox bahai' over the use of the term bahai (follower of baha'u'llah) - the original finding was that the orthodox bahai was innocent of contempt charges filed by the wilmette NSA.....that it was NOT formed with the intent of violating a 1966 judgment - based on the fact that it was NOT associated with mason remey (who was denied use of the name bahai after breaking from the NSA. (if I remember correctly) it was more of a recognized guardianship of the faith issue.

the NSA does hold trademarks on the name "baha'i" and the religious symbol of the "greatest name" and were trying to 'ban' other groups from using it based on the 1966 ruling - but court found that these groups were not associated with the group from 1966 and so the ruling was not binding. basically, the NSA would have to bring awhole new case - which they really don't have grounds for.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Trademarks are registered with the Office of Patents and Trademarks.

There are many reasons they could lose a suit, you'd have to read the case (like maybe they chose a trademark that was already taken or was too generic to be registered).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.