(-:
(-: asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 8 years ago

Are we fully awake and really "see"? Or are we just going through life with our eyes only half open?

Do we only see what we want to see?

@ Lapiz... Thankyou for such kind words... I am greatly touched. (((HUGS))) to you...

Best Answer

The most beautiful things are never seen or touched,

but are felt with the heart. - Helen Keller ♥

We do see what we want to see especially, when we are blind.

I once asked an elderly blind man, if he was given his sight, would he want it?

His reply: "No. It would destroy my reality of the world as I've always perceived it." <} -})

We all go around assuming that we can see it all just because it is easier than thinking about everything. When you open your eyes fully you realize that you know Absolutely nothing and the whole world could just be your Imagination.

We see what we dare see. And often our eyes are prised open with shock.

Counter-Response..recall the innocence(s) in the unhurt eyes of our babies, a youth just in the heartbreaking stage of innocence`s flight, and plz, keep posting such lovely, gently alerting quetio, Lorry.

Lest I forget.

<3

Source(s): Happiness and sight are contagious with ladies like Lorry around.

We go through life with eyes literally widely open but we sometimes "refuse" to really see and choose to blind ourselves instead. We fear to look at changes, we cover our eyes with false pleasures. We pick the things that we only want to see to avoid pain and challenge.

No, we obviously don't only see what we want to see... I could be looking at this TV screen right now but I don't want to see it... What is the point of this? What are you trying to go with it?

Just because you WANT something to happen, doesn't mean it will. There are laws of nature that we have to consider.

If you want something, you need to act on it. It's Action and Reaction...

It is humanly impossible to be fully aware insofar as our consciousness is finite. The fact that we have perspective automatically negates full awareness as its premise is one of singular point of view. Those who practice the 'nothingness' philosophy are attempting to overcome this state.

eyes only half open is better...

seeing too clear can make one get mad or despair.

this warning has been written in the guide book of 'how to live in a universe'.

sleepy sleepy, i am napping.

• Milton

We see only what we choose to see. My guess is about 90% of everything available to be seen is missed.

Awake and asleep are relative terms, and seeing or not seeing is only one aspect of either.

only half open