North Dakota dating Law?

I am 15 and I am dating my 18 year old boyfriend..we both live in North Dakota and I am wondering about the law for this state and if its legal and stuff..he does have consent from my parents to date me. But I am still wondering if its legal for him to date a minor.

Favorite Answer

There are no laws about dating. There are laws about sex with minors. North Dakota's age of consent is 18. If you're not having sex, then everything is fine. If your parents get upset with you two having sex, he could get charged with corruption of a minor or similar. I've given you a link below to the Wikipedia information dealing with North Dakota's age of consent laws.

North Dakota Age Of Consent

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

North Dakota dating Law?

Source(s): north dakota dating law: https://shortly.im/L25VO

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avlrX

I'm not a lawyer, but I am a mother. /disclaimer If he comes to North Dakota, the infraction happens under North Dakota law, as far as I know. If you love him, you will not endanger him by allowing him to be labeled a sex offender. That's a huge black mark that follows him and restricts his activities, places to live, and career choices for the rest of his life. If he loves you, he'll know that the maturity difference between 21 and 17, or 20 and 16, is usually quite wide. And he'd respect your age and *wait*. /mom Good luck!

as long as he has your parents permission its not really illegal, if your parents didn't know and they pressed charges against him it would be illegal, but since they know, its up to them.