g
g asked in TravelAsia PacificMalaysia · 9 years ago

Malaysia - getting around?

Thinking about going to Malaysia mid October. Few things I'd like to ask about getting around.

1. What types of public transport is available? Prices? Is the public transport system safe and easy for a tourist to use?

2. Taxi - Are they safe, what are the rates for getting around the city. Also what is an estimate for a trip from somewhere in the city to somewhere like Sepang (race circuit) or Ipoh.

3. Other means of transport like hiring a car or motorcycle - Costs and requirements?

Thanks.

Also, how much is the taxi fare from the airport to KL

Favorite Answer

I'll be talking about public transport in Kuala Lumpur because that is most probably the first place in Malaysia you'd explore. Public transport in KL is fine, in particular, rail transport.. it's not as integrated as the rail systems in Hong Kong and Singapore wherein interchanging from one line to another is a breeze. In KL, there are some stations with the same name (from different lines) but are usually some distance apart from each other. When interchanging, you'd have to get out of one station and get in on another. As for prices, they're way cheaper than Hong Kong or Singapore's rail systems. Generally it's safe.

To get to KL Sentral (the central rail station in Kuala Lumpur), I suggest you just ride the KLIA Ekspres. It's a non-stop high speed train that will take you to KL Sentral in 28 minutes. 35 Malaysian Ringgits (MYR) one way (cheaper and faster than taking the taxi; usually it will cost you 70-80 MYR and it could take more than an hour).

Transport system is a mess in Malaysia. Public buses are badly maintained. Dirty and crowded train, beware of pickpocket. Rent a car from the reputable car rental companies is a better choice!

Hey

Well I'd recommend Galaxy Car Hire if you're on a budget, their rates are good in my experience.

http://www.galaxy-carhire.co.uk

Good luck with the trip =p

i go to Malaysia and air ground is com and in the plain and sit in bled and fl yet

Source(s): Gard and friend

I found this useful website, it might able to you help too. http://bit.ly/kTbDVv