Malaysia - getting around?

Thinking about going to Malaysia mid October. Few things I'd like to ask about getting around. 1. What types of public transport is available? Prices? Is the public transport system safe and easy for a tourist to use? 2. Taxi - Are they safe, what are the rates for getting around the city. Also what is an... show more Thinking about going to Malaysia mid October. Few things I'd like to ask about getting around.

1. What types of public transport is available? Prices? Is the public transport system safe and easy for a tourist to use?

2. Taxi - Are they safe, what are the rates for getting around the city. Also what is an estimate for a trip from somewhere in the city to somewhere like Sepang (race circuit) or Ipoh.

3. Other means of transport like hiring a car or motorcycle - Costs and requirements?

Thanks.
Update: Also, how much is the taxi fare from the airport to KL