What kind of mouth wash can you use on a new tongue piercing?

I wanna get my tongue pierced but I'm just curious what kinda mouth wash should i use? They might give me some but to buy at a store? I mean mouthwash is mouthwash, couldent i just use listerine, thats what i keep in my house,blue listerine an if i don't have to buy more than i wont :p thanks guys:)

Favorite Answer

The pierced should give you some but the best to buy would be h2ocean spray from hottopic. It's about 12 dollars I think. They also have it at walmart for about the same price. You could also mix sea salt and warm water and use that. Good luck. Oh and btw suck on allot of ice for the first week. It takes down the pain and swelling. :)

Source(s): tongue pierced

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I wanna get my tongue pierced but I'm just curious what kinda mouth wash should i use? They might give me some but to buy at a store? I mean mouthwash is mouthwash, couldent i just use listerine, thats what i keep in my house,blue listerine an if i don't have to buy more than i wont :p...

Source(s): kind mouth wash tongue piercing: https://tr.im/IN6Rr

Do NOT use listerine! The alcohol in it is bad for a fresh opening (it will BURN!)... if u get it professionally done, they mite have their own alcohol free mouth wash to give u but if not, go to a dollar store or sumthin and buy some...I've had my tongue pierced for a while now so I shud no :) oh, u can also use peroxide (optional) if dnt wanna use mouth wash, but not a lot. And mix it with water too...

You need to use alcohol free mouth wash. The best thing is just to go to the dollar store and grab a bottle. It is cheap and still works.

The other option is a sea salt mouth rinse.

Your piercer should instruct you on how to properly care for your piercing.

Do not use listerine. It has alcohol in it and it is bad for the piercing. If you are looking for something to help the healing process of the piercing then just do warm salt water. It's the best for it. You can ask your piercer if they have something else, but that would be best and it is free. If you want something that is minty and not just to help heal it then you should look in to any thing that says 'alcohol-free' on the bottle.

Source(s): personal experience and friends who are professional piercers

Personally, the mouth wash was hard on my mouth and gave me sores when I tried to use it to heal my tongue ring. I would recommend using a sea salt and water mixture. I did this and mine healed in a week. If you do decide to use mouthwash and it isn't too harsh in your mouth, I was using trident alcohol free. It was working well on healing the piercing, just too harsh for my mouth.

You should use alcohol free mouthwash to wash your mouth out. The place should provide it , if not go to a dollar store .

What Mouthwash Should I Use