My friend has been sleeping for over 24 hours?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but my friend has been asleep for more than 24 hours and I'm starting to get a little worried. His roommate reports that there have been no unusual sleeping patterns over the past few days, and that my friend was acting normally until yesterday, when he suddenly became very... show more Sorry if this is a dumb question, but my friend has been asleep for more than 24 hours and I'm starting to get a little worried. His roommate reports that there have been no unusual sleeping patterns over the past few days, and that my friend was acting normally until yesterday, when he suddenly became very tired around 7:00. He went to bed not too long afterwards, and hasn't responded to his alarm clock or any loud noises made in the room since. Since there's nothing strange that's been happening, should I be worried? I don't want to wake him up unless it's really a problem.
And no, there are no known drugs or alcohol involved.
Update: -_- He's definitely alive, thanks. He's breathing audibly.