Dan M
Dan M asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

Which is your favourite Hannibal Lecter movie?

Manhunter

The Silence of the Lambs

Hannibal

Red Dragon

Hannibal Rising

I haven't seen them all but The Silence of the Lambs is one of my favourite movies of all time. Also if you care to rate/rank them? cheers!

cheers for any answers

HIYA RYAN!!!!!

HELLO EMJOB :)

forgot to press the caps lock button lol

I watched Manhunter last night and it's brilliant, absolutely brilliant and I hope you enjoyed your holiday emjob :)

• Ryan
    Best Answer

Manhunter I actually haven't seen, I owe it to myself to check it out.

The Silence of The Lambs - definitely my favoured from the list. Hopkins is a sinister old git in this movie, so convincing. 5/5 for this film.

Hannibal - Still a really good film, not quite as good as SoTL. 3.5/5

Red Dragon - This is a lot different from the others, I really liked it. Hopkins role was so understated and yet he still manages to be the main thing that sticks out in my mind. Such a fantastic actor. 4/5

Hannibal Rising - didn't really see anything I liked in this movie, seemed a bit pointless. I thought it was pretty interesting that we find out he's a cannibal because the Nazis ate his sister (doing this from memory and haven't seen it in like 2 years.. so might be slightly innacurate). 2.5/5

HIYA DAN M BAUER

• emjob

Hannibal is my very favourite out of all of them. I like the way it's focused a lot more on Hannibal Lector and you get a lot of Anthony Hopkins screentime :) plus Ridley Scott is one of my favourite directors and there are some really brilliant gore scenes!

Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon are probably equal second favourites for me. Silence of the Lambs is obviously one of the best and most tense thrillers of all time, but I must admit I do love Red Dragon for how bloody disturbing it is. Plus Edward Norton, Harvey Keitel, Ralph Fiennes, Anthony Hopkins and Phillip Seymour Hoffman do make for a pretty darn impressive cast!

Hannibal Rising I thought was just a below average thriller. I saw it in the cinema actually, it was alright, but not a patch on the other movies. I barely think of it as part of the franchise really.

I've never seen Manhunter. I should do!!

Helloooooooo Dan :D

HELLO DAN! :)

Aww cheers :) it was fun thank you. Miserable to be back at work! But yahoo-answers shall keep me going!! I'm going to watch Manhunter very soon I reckon :)

• Red

I'd put them in this order:

The Silence Of The Lambs

Red Dragon

Hannibal

I haven't seen Manhunter or Hannibal Rising

I've only seen Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon.

But I preferred 'Silence' over Red Dragon.

I've only seen The Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal and Hannibal Rising.

My favorite is The Silence of the Lambs too. Then Hannibal and Hannibal Rising (which sucks).

Definitely the original- Silence of the Lambs.

Manhunter is good - I think Petersen does a brilliant job, and even though it's not completely true to Red Dragon it's still a really enjoyable film in its own right. However - Brian Cox... I appreciate he was the 'first' Lecter, but he just doesn't do it for me. Hopkins is the one who gives me the chills!

The Silence of the Lambs is excellent! I think Ted Levine is so creepy, and stays really true to the character that Harris wrote for Gumb. Of course, Lambs has Hopkins (: If it weren't for him I wouldn't be able to tease my mother with the "thss-thss-thss-thss" bit and watch her freak out! He is a legend, and he just made the film. The only bad point? Jodie Foster. I don't hate her, and I think she does well trying to take on the really difficult job of Clarice, since Starling is so complex in her character, but she's just ever so...annoying. The gore is good, the lines are better, and the unique camera shots always keep me interested.

Hannibal is one of my favourite films. It doesn't keep to the book, but then films rarely do. A lot of scenes taken from the book and shot were cut from the final film, which is disappointing as my favourite scene in the book was among them. [Lecter goes after Clarice and watches her while she runs - he thinks of her as a doe, her ponytail like a tail, and he thinks about Mischa. He breaks into her car and does odd things to her steering wheel (;] The scene was one that stood out in the book to me - it showed how obsessed he was with her, which I think they didn't quite cover adequately in the film. The ending left a little to be desired (definitely not like the ending of the book) but I think it is a good film in its own right. Julianne Moore is my favourite Clarice! Though her accent is precarious, she plays the world-weary Starling perfectly - she also feels like a "real" Clarice; she's kick-*** and minds her manners at the same time! It's certainly something Lecter appreciates (: Again, good gore, good lines, and the Florence scenes fascinate me.

Red Dragon. Where to start with Red Dragon? It keeps to the book much more than Manhunter, and it has Ralph Fiennes in it. I couldn't ask for much more in a film (: I think Fiennes plays Dolarhyde excellently, and the background for his character is well-explained. The only downside is Norton's acting. I'm not a massive fan on the best of days, but his portrayal of Graham leaves a lot to be desired. However, Hopkins and Fiennes pull it back up and keep you interested.

Hannibal Rising is a recent favourite (: Gaspard Ulliel does a fantastic job playing the young Lecter (his smile is perfect!) and Li Gong is captivating as Lady Murasaki. Harris actually adapted the book for the screen himself, which means that it is true to the book! (Hooray!) It was directed well and I can't get over how brilliant Rhys Ifans was as Grutas.

Favourite (ranked): - Hannibal

- The Silence of the Lambs

- Red Dragon

- Hannibal Rising

- Manhunter

Rated (objectively (; ): - Manhunter, 2 1/2 out of 5

- The Silence of the Lambs, 5 out of 5

- Hannibal, 4 out of 5

- Red Dragon, 3 out of 5

- Hannibal Rising, 4 out of 5

1 Silence of the Lambs

2The seond movies actually very good apart from the dreadfull ans un necessary first 15 minutes

3Red Dragon

4Hanibal Rising never done anything for me couldnt get to grips with the cast

5Manhunters a micheal mann version of silence of the lambs ,kinda downbeat and more realistic

Definitely Silence of the Lambs. So many great lines in that movie.

The Silence of the Lambs

by FAR.