Is it strange for a 17 year old to wear a tweed jacket?

Hi,

I recently bought a tweed jacket, I think it looks really cool, but I'm a bit weary as to whether or not in the modern world I would look good in it. The two photos below show my jacket.

http://tinypic.com/r/108fp1l/7

http://tinypic.com/r/r85ik7/7

What do you think? Would I look cool or strange ?

Thanks all,

Steve

lol thanks guys :) I'm not all to confident so it's quite hard to put on something totally new and walk out the door with it.

Best Answer

Depends on the occasion more than anything. I mean someone above said you might look like a grandad which is quite true. If you wore it to the mall like any other teen hanging out, you might look like a grandad. But supposing you wore it out to dinner with your family, or maybe for a family get togther or even for a date, you would look really handsome.

Also, depends what you pair it with.You cant wear it with baggies or shorts or even skinny jeans. You need a dark wash jeans to team it well. Or even formal trousers (which i doubt you would wear cuz ur 17) but those could match too.

But the best match would be with dark normal well fitting jeans.

All the best :)

Source(s): just me!

I'm 18 and i wear a grey quilted tweed jacket, seems to be part of fashion

• pape

this isn't any longer weird and wonderful, as long as you're prepared to have exciting too. no longer too uptight and unwilling to do something given which you prefer to seem good. this is style of unique which you particularly prefer to dress properly, no longer countless human beings try this (exceptionally adult men) and that i think of it would be a beneficial substitute. Plus i think of dress shirts tucked into denims seem beneficial. i've got heard adult men think of they are uncomfortable, so as that would desire to be why maximum do no longer. make certain you regulate it up, even with the indisputable fact that. positioned on diverse colored ones every day. it would seem peculiar to me if somebody became donning a similar blouse every day (whether no longer a similar, in simple terms comparable style) and it does no longer be as exciting.

Guess it depends how it looks on you and if you can pull off retro. I would look like a grandpa.

• Why would you care about what you look like in it? As long as you think it looks good and you like it, wear it.

Go for it! You can work that jacket! lol.

If you want to look like someone's grandad then sure go ahead

ew

Not at all

not to me