what are some really cool/interesting facts about el ecuador?
i need to make a power point and google is being boring.
- Anonymous8 years agoBest Answer
Heres some interesting stuff about Ecuador you may not have known:
* Ecuador is home to the Galapagos Islands, where the scientist Charles Darwin discovered his theory of natural selection;
* Ecuador has numerous volcanos; one of them, if mesaured from the center of the earth, would be even higher than Mt. Everest!
* Ecuador is split by the equator; the line passes just to the north of the capital city of Quito. Quito is home to the 'Mitad del Mundo', a monument that attests to this fact. The equator is also the source for the name of this country.
* Cristina Aguliera traces her roots back to Ecuador; The cartoonist Mike Judge, the creator of the Beavis and Butthead and King of the Hill series was born in Guayaquil.
* Depending on your definition, Quito may be the highest capital city in the world (La Paz, the governmental capital of Bolivia, is technically higher, however the legal capital of Bolivia is actually Sucre, which is at a lower altitude than Quito);
* The 'Panama Hat' actually comes from Monticristi, Ecuador. The hat was first made popular during the construction of the Panama Canal.Source(s): http://www.galapagosyachts.com/
- HazzardousLv 58 years ago
Well Sonia sums just about everything. Concentrate on Galapagos islands, there's a lot to talk about it.
I might add that in the Ecuador jungle there lives the Jibaro tribe famous for shrinking heads
There's a valley in southern Ecuador, Vilcabamba known for the longetivity of it's inhabitants (100+)
Among the notables, Sonia forgot to mention 2, modern painter-sculptor GUAYASAMIN ant the last Inka ATAHUALPA who presumably was born in Quito (not Cuzco).
Glad to help
- 8 years ago
its on the earths equeator