I have an 05 LGT limited. I love my car, fun to drive, only at around 67K miles myself. I suggest you do some reading on www.legacygt.com for some more information about the car. There will be some potential issues that you'll want to look into. I'll rattle off a few:
1) The tires that come with it suck. Bridgestone Potenza RE92. GET RID OF THEM.
2) Brakes can be too mushy for some people. Personally, it never bothered me. Just make sure you replace the stock brake pads (made by Hitachi). They are horrible, and will leave pad deposits on your rotors under any sort of aggressive driving. As for mushiness, there are ways to reduce the mushiness.
3) You will hear all sorts of annoying/weird rattles inside the car coming from the dash and/or roof/walls/doors. It's hard to fix them. Solution? Track them down one by one and take apart whatever needs fixing and put it back together. OR... turn up the radio. Guess which one I did? ;)
4) If you get the manual, you'll find that the transmission is kind of... notchy. Not very smooth. And the shift from 2-3 has a tendency to grind. If your synchros start going bad, that is frequently the first to go.
5) Clutch pedal is pretty damn heavy, even when I had the stock clutch. I've since upgraded to aftermarket, and it's even heavier.
There are a lot of pluses to the car though
1) Easy to upgrade
2) Fast (easily upgraded to STi speeds)
3) Kind of sleeper, not very flashy
4) Cheap to insure (compared to a WRX)
5) Despite the rattles, inside feels like an upscale car if you get the leather and maintain it
6) TONS of support for EVERYTHING you can imagine on the LGT website!
7) TONS of support from manufacturers and tuners.
8) TONS of parts available
9) AWD - less likely to get stuck in snow. Not impossible, it can still happen, especially if you get high centered! But still, a great car.
I can't attest to how long your car will last. From my experience on the LGT forums, it varies quite a bit. Some people have had their turbos blowing rather quickly. Some haven't... It's pretty mixed. I'm sorry, wish I could give you a better answer than that.
Good luck though, hope to see you on the LGT forums with a new ride!
· 8 years ago