Is the Subaru Legacy a good first car?

For a first car, how is it? I'm getting a used car, and i think that for the $15k i am able to spend, it is a good choice that should be pretty cheap to insure compared to my other choices (2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe, 2004 Nissan 350Z Convertible, etc) My parents like how it is a "normal" car and not a... show more For a first car, how is it? I'm getting a used car, and i think that for the $15k i am able to spend, it is a good choice that should be pretty cheap to insure compared to my other choices (2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe, 2004 Nissan 350Z Convertible, etc) My parents like how it is a "normal" car and not a high performance car. I am looking a 2005-2008ish Subaru Legacy's, and i will most likely get the one i have my eye on, a 2006 2.5 GT w/ and auto tranny. How long do they last in general? I know the previous owner did all service on the car as needed (Oil changes, tires, other basic service) The one i want has 86k miles, leather, navi, fully loaded for $13k. Will it last me 5 years and about 75k more miles? The alternative is a 2005 Legacy 2.5 GT Limited w/ leather, manual tranny, but no navigation. This one is only $6k, but it has 145k miles. Are Legacys known to reach 220k miles? The 05 has the color i want, the manual tranny i want, the rear spoiler i want for $6k, but it has high mileage. Which one is better, or are these cars not reliable?
3 answers 3