html code for text boxes?

I'm wanting to find a code where it makes a text box and when you submit whats been typed in the box it publishes what's been written.

I can't find one anywhere. If you could help that would be great.

Update:

Well I'm making a blog where I type entrys in, so I basically just need something that will publish the entrys I make.

Im new to all this and Im trying to learn.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Silent
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, you're going to need a lot more than HTML for that. HTML is used to define the structure of documents. It's not a programming language, and it's not capable of "publishing" anything. For that, you would need a database and some kind of server-side scripting language.

Could you be a little more specific about what you're trying to do?

Edit:

Ah. Well, like I said, you'll need a database and a server-side application to manage it. I mean no offense, but if you don't know what that means, or why HTML isn't enough for this, you've got a long way to go before you can write your own blog software. You would be much better off using one of the many freely available blog platforms that already exist. WordPress is a good choice.

If you're interested in learning programming, I'd suggest that PHP or Python would be good server-side languages to start with for this sort of thing.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

<html>

<head>

<script type="text/javascript">

function display(){

var msg =document.forms['myform']['msg'].value;

document.getElementById ('disp').innerHTML= "<h3>"+msg+"</h3>";

return false;

}

</script>

</head>

<body>

<form name="myform" onsubmit="return display()">

<input type="text" name="msg">

<br>

<input type="submit" value="Show Text">

</form>

<div id="disp"></div>

</body>

</html>

I hope this code might help you to get an idea about what you should do. In this way you simply can publish the text you typed in the text field onto the same page.

• 8 years ago

Here as your requirement just a text box won't enough. Seems like you want to submit the things what you are typing there. I suggest you to use a CMS like Wordpress for this. There you can make your own blog easily. Or you can use Tumblr. That will be easier for you.

Btw .. if you are looking for the HTML code for text box here you can use one of bellow.

________________________________________________________________________________

<textarea rows="5" cols="20">

This is a basic HTML textbox. It contains some really cool text.

</textarea>

<p><a style="font-size:11px;color:#999;" href="http://www.html.am/html-editors/online-html-editor... Editor</a></p>

________________________________________________________________________________

<form action="http://www.htmlcodes.me/textboxes/thankyou.cfm">

<textarea rows="5" cols="20" name="textbox_message">

This is a basic textbox. You can enter text into the textbox, then click the "Submit" button.

</textarea>

<br />

<input type="submit" />

</form>

<p><a style="font-size:11px;color:#999;" href="http://www.html.am/html-editors/online-html-editor... Editor</a></p>

<form method="post" action="">

<textarea name="comments" cols="40" rows="5">

Enter your comments here...

</textarea><br>

<input type="submit" value="Submit" />

</form>

or you can create your own customized Textbox from the bellow link

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.