Rob asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why are the comments on yahoo so right wing and racist?

When I go onto the wsj or realclearpolitics I expect right wing bias. Yahoo as an entity doesn't seem political one way or the other. Why are the people who comment so right wing and blatant with racism? The president current has 45% approval according to Rasmussen. It is not representative of the population. Curious to know. Do the people get paid? Some post over and over

You see my point. some even post here, and then attack you. Listen, I know not all people in one political party are racist, and I know they exist in all political parties including the Greens and Independents etc. But yahoo is different. There are far too many obvious examples of people calling the president "boy" "monkey" the n word, Kenyan etc. It is not a question of whether or not there is right wing racism on the site, that is a fact. I was curious to know why.

Favorite Answer

It depends upon the time. I see just as much from the left.

• Clelia

Because yahoo answers is the only place they don't get called out for making dumb bigoted comments. On yahoo answers people generally don't discuss complicated topics or use big words. Most questions and answers tend to be short and easy to understand which is a big plus if you're the kind of person who still thinks Obama was born in Kenya. I've noticed that many conservatives seem to surf YA looking for politically themed questions that they can rant about. The rants usually have little to do with the question that's asked as is the case with the gentlemen above me.

This President has a low rating because the Mob in the House has scuttled this country with do-nothing hatred designed precisely to drag this President down. The unpatriotic, destructive, do-nothing/bar everything Republican rats in the House, along with big industry liars and thieves, has made governing near impossible for this President, with their extremist campaigns of lies and obfuscation. But I still have faith in America. The right-wing extremists who post on Yahoo know this is true, but would never admit it. I don't want to spend a lot of time on this point. Just let me take one point as an example. No one, not one wet rat of a man on the Republican side or among the lying mob of right-wing Yahoo posters will give this President any credit, no matter what he does that is successful. The one point I use here is his killing of bin-Laden. He did what George W. Bush only said he'd do. The fact is, Bush was an inveterate liar. In retrospect, I really wish that Palin/McCain had won, just so the sea of lying Republican haters would not have had the first black President as a target for their vile, lie-based campaign of hatred. They loved a lie-based war. They loved a lie-based Presidency from 2000 to 2008 -- I freaking wonder what changed their hunger and thirst for lies. (Not really -- this President is black, and the Republicans and their supporters on Yahoo are racists. Deny it all you want, and then go look at all the racist garbage the right posts on Yahoo.

Because yahoo is an old website. People who made their first email address 20 years ago still use it. Therefore, you have a bunch of angry old people looking to spout the garbage that fills their age addled minds. Basically, its the cracker barrel of websites.

Because they have nothing better to do.

Shoot, I'm a Roman Catholic Caucasian male and I have no time for this racist crap.

• ?

I'm sure Ron Paul's people are relentlessly working the site.

I would hope that eventually the posters on this site will remember that we are ALL AMERICANS and have the rights of free speech with the responsibility to RESPECTFULLY disagree.

Source(s): In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed. ~ Charles Darwin

I do not get paid to voice my opinion. I wish, though. The current political world has proven that your opinions don't have to be good in order to get paid to voice them.

Some have multiple accounts. You can click their name and many are started that very day. The ones who star crazy questions are probably their real account, as it takes certain amount of points to star.

Because they are bored and angry, sitting around in their mother's basement in their underwear, too lazy and stupid to get or keep a job or a life.

you shouldn't ask this on yahoo, ask this somewhere else

• Isa

"Do the people get paid?"

Bingo.

There are several conservative organizations that conduct a type of spam that takes the form of repetitive, partisan 'contributors' to highly visible Internet forums.

Yahoo! Answers is a forum where you can get an account in seconds (even immediately after being "banned"), and moreover, that account has the power to censor and silence other opinions (thumbs down, reporting)! By putting a handful of plants on a site like this, a conservative advertising agency can effectively turn it into a propaganda machine for their side, suppressing dissenting opinions and flooding the site with their own.

Hunt around a little bit - you too can get paid a few cents a post to spam sites like Y!A with conservative talking points.