Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 9 years ago

Basketball:Is being on the cover of any NBA video game a 'curse?'?

Here me out for a second. And don't gimme those simple yes or no answers. Expand upon yourself please. So is being on the cover of any NBA game a curse these days? I'll give a few examples: KG on the cover of NBA 2k9, this was before the 08 season, but heading into the 09 season and further on, KG had an injury that sidelined him during the season and kept him out of the playoffs, ruining the Celtics chances to win it all. Kobe on the cover of 2k10, heading into the 2010 season, he struggled and also had to face injuries. He also struggled in the Finals and had bad shooting performances. T-Mac on the 07 NBA Live, in the 07 season he got knocked out again in the 1st round by Utah. Arenas on 08 Live and he also got an injury and his numbers dropped. The only really successful cover guys were Shaq in 2k6 and Paul in 2k8. But u get the gist of what I'm saying here. Many players underperformed or didn't perform at all due to injury. That being said, do u think being a cover guy to an NBA game is a good idea?

None of these answers are really in depth

Ant:U make some great points there

Favorite Answer

What are you talking about? My boy Iverson been on the cover of the first couple of games and he turned out fine. I think its a just a mere coincidence. I think your just being superstious and overlooking some things. Kevin Garnett is old and is very injury prone, so nothing to do with covers. Again like Kobe very old and injury prone, nothing new here. Chris Paul I have no clue, Arenas is a idiot. LOL. Tracy McGrady was always dunking and throwing his body around, that's normal. If LeBron is on 2K13 then I would suspect something. Mainly because it has 13 on there and he's been throwing his body around dunking to.

• No. That's bogus talk right there. Like first answer said, it's mere coincidence, and like u pointed out, it did have some benefits. I just find it crazy that people can consider this a curse, I've heard it pop up often. But this can't be a curse. it can just be bad timing on the players part. Not everything in a players career is expected to go nicely without some adversity and injuries. But u do bring up some interesting points, Kobe just struggled against a great defense and was shot jacking as he always does. KG had knee problems before and this just flared up again in the 09 season. So no this is not a curse

Source(s): Me and Ant's thinking is similar here. Altho some other points he brings out are great. I think he gets Best Answer

yes, but how do you expect us to go into details?

wasn't carmelo on the cover in 2004 of nba live? i''m not sure if it was 04 or 2005

but he didn't get out of the first round in either of those years like he has done in his entire career

U never know how a player will perform, but if i waz given tne opportunity i would take it u get madd cash and lilkiddies get to play u

• ?

The NFL has the Madden Curse but I don't think the same rules apply.

It's a coincidence.

FATALITY