K2010
Lv 7
K2010 asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastIsrael · 8 years ago

when and If Palestine will get statehood?

will American and Israeli aid stop?

who is going to support them?

How will Fatah and Hamas share its influence on it

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If statehood is declared unilaterally, then Israel and America would in all probably not provide the new "Palestine" with aid, at least in the short term. However, my sense is that in the end, should a state form unilaterally and gain international recognition, it is much more likely to be Hamas than Fatah that has the upper hand. I distinctly recall the Hamas victory in elections for the Palestinian Authority parliament in early 2006, several months after Israel's ill-conceived retreat from Gaza, and I fail to see how this scenario wouldn't repeat itself if statehood is declared unilaterally. I say this because we are likely to see a series of actions and reactions on the ground that have great potential to escalate significantly and create a situation in which Hamas will be highly active with terrorist activity; Israel is right to be on alert about the impending shenanigans by the Palestinian Authority at the UN that will occur this coming week.

Caroline Glick has written the following opinion piece on this topic that appeared on Friday at the Jewish World Review website, and I think that her piece elucidates the fundamental realities of the current situation very clearly:

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0911/glick091611....

• 3 years ago

this is large and all yet: "This states provides them the flexibility to value Israel for the unspeakable conflict crimes it has performed to the Palestine. This also supply them sovereignty over East Jeurslaem , the West monetary company, and the Gaza strip. not in uncomplicated words that this makes it so as that Israel stops the unlawful contract this is been doing." yeah, particularly, the UN not in any respect does something.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Nah. Keep pouring wealth on them.Rich Americans and Israeli's can afford it. They are going to whine if we don't. So let's fatten them up on processed foods, Tobacco, alcohol, etc.. Get them a Satellite dish.They will be too lethargic to rebel.

• 8 years ago

They may not get their statehood at this attempt but they can reapply as many times as they wish so sooner or later the US will give up its veto and bow to world pressure. As for aid from Israel all Israel has given the Palestinians is ten thousand tons of bombs and shells and a load more trouble. All the aid Palestinians get is from the Red Cross and other humanitarian aid groups.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I think that this is the last thing the Palestinians are thinking about besides what is israel exactly aiding the Palestinians with???

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Depends on their actions. If they do something stupid, then ye.

Probably the Arab world.

Define "share". More like bicker.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

They will go back to grubbing in the desert and having sex with camels, and then celebrating when Americans experience horrors like on 9/11. Perhaps they also might modify the wheel, after they've finally recently invented it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.