promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

Good YA novels (would like a series if available)?

ok so im kind of in a what i call, a reader's block, i tend to read books too fast and read them for like 6 hours straight and usually finish them within 2 or 3 days. ok so just letting you know what kind of books i like- i love dystopian, i also enjoy modern books about like fallen angels faeries and mystical creatures (NO VAMPIRES, werewolves are OK), and ok i'll be honest, im a girl so i love romance (i really enjoy love triangles, they are so sweet and bitter at the same time) but no SEX in it, i love a good kiss but no ahem groping or sexually touching.... ok and so here are ALL the books i've read so far and my thoughts on them-

Enclave (pretty good but kind of confused on the whole romance plot

City of Bones-that means i've read the entire series except for Fallen Angel, couldnt bring myself to finish (I LOVED THIS SERIES, i just didnt like the whole sis and bro thing, that was really weirdddd)

the Hunger Games ( O M G i love this!!! it was just so perfectly balanced with the politics, romance, and the action with a hint of gore. it also had a love triangle so that was AWESOME!)

Collide ( i loved the plot and idea, i enjoyed the character and cant wait for the 3rd book! the only thing i didnt like was when they uhhhh had sex like 3 times)

Hush Hush (ok book, not crazy though. i liked the idea of the books, it was just that it felt as if there was something missing, but i COULD NOT read the 2nd book, the main character got kind of creepy and stalkerish)

Beautiful creatures ( all i can say is was this was so sweet<3. i loved how it was a guy's view of what was happening, its a nice change. i totally fell in love with the girl and i can realte to this story because i too live in a small country town.)

Gone Series (i really really enjoyed this book! but i had an issue with the 3rd book becasue i became bored because the series is so long, i kind of stopped and told myself in a month or so i'll start reading it again)

I am Number Four ( this book was good. i saw the movie first and ill just say that the books was better! im not usually into aliens but this was pretty good!

The Giver- including the sequels- (i really enjoyed this!! it was different then what i usually read! i was just hoping for some romance, but no, it was wonderfull without it!)

The Host ( OMFG i LOOOVE this! i'll admitt mrs.myeres actually did a good job! i read Twilight and HATED it! but this.... wow. its so... well i have no words to how AMAZING this was)

Angelfire (ummm really did not like it, was ok, but not great)

Birthmarked (ahhh i enjoyed this! the only issue was the end when the guy sacraficed himself, it made me mad)

Divergent ( it was as good as the Hunger Games!!! i loved the main character! omg this book made me laugh, cry, and rejoice!)

Unwind (pretty good but i would have liked it better in the eyes of only one person)

Eden (it was good, but not one of my absolute favorite, it spent way too much time on the romance)

Ashes, Ashes (this was good it would have been great if the guy wasnt such an *** about being with her-sorry for language lol-

The Uglies Series ( i really enjoyed this!! i loved tally! i really liked the whole idea of how they needed to be perfect to be considered beautiful. but i didnt like extras because it had nothing to do with tally and wasnt even taken place in the same COUNTRY)

Paranormalcy ( i really really liked this!! i loved the stalker faery!! and it was funny! the only thing i didnt like was how immature the girl was...)

The Declaration ( okkkk... but it was WAY to predictable)

Matched (OMG this books was soooo sweet!!!! i absoluutely LOVED it!!! ahhhh such perfect romance, and i loved how it was all romance but it didnt like i dunno how to explain but it didnt all revovle around her confusion and the romance)

Delirium ( i really liked this but i got pissed because im prertty sure the dude died at the end)

thats all so please give me some good books! and please no one say percy jackson series im 15, not 10. thanks!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

wow that's a lot, a lot of those books are on my "to-read" list and those that i have read (the mortal instruments, delirium, hush hush, the hunger games ...) i love

~Accross The Universe (Amy, along with her parents goes on a spaceship, expecting that when she wakes up she will be in a new planet, 300 years in the future, but she gets there 50 years earlier and finds out it wasn’t a mistake, someone is trying to kill her)

~Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (a girl finds out she's a modern-day helen of troy , she falls for a boy which could provoke a new Trogan war)

~Th1rteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher (before a girl kills herself, she records thirteen tapes sending them to 13 people explaining why they played a part in her suicide)

~Maximum Ride by James Patterson ( The series chronicles the lives of six fugitive kids,born in a laboratory , they endured scientific experiments that made them 98% human and 2% bird, they spend their time running from monsters)

~The Maze Runner by James Dashner (a boy wakes up to find himself in an elevator. He doesn’t remember anything but his name, he finds out that he’s in a maze, and that every 30 days a new boy is put in the maze, nobody knows how to get out, until a girl comes along and may have some answers, great book!!)

~The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter (It's always been just Kate and her mom—and her mother is dying. Then she meets Henry. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld—and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.)

~Awaken by Katie Kavinsky (Maddie lives in a world where everything is done on the computer. Whether it’s to go to school or on a date. Maddie’s okay with the solitary, digital life until she meets Justin. Justin likes being with people.. People aren’t meant to be alone, he tells her)

~Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (Both Claudia and Finn are trapped, she’s the pampered daughter of a rich man and he’s an amnesiac boy in a gang, but they find a key that could mean that they can get out, if they can find the door)

~Reckless by Cornelia Funke (Jacob, whose father has been missing for more than a year, is 12 when he discovers how to use the mirror in his dad’s study as a portal to an alternate reality, 12 years later is brother comes along)

~The Wolves Of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater (Grace has been watching the wolves outside her home every winter. She is drawn to one in particular that has stunning yellow eyes, and she's certain that it is the same wolf who saved her from a pack of wolves who attacked her when she was a young girl.)

~Halo by Alexandra Adornetto (dark forces are gathering. murders, poverty. 3 angels are sent to earth to help and go against darkness. Bethany the least experienced of the three, she is also the most connected to the human race.)

~Ripple by Mandy Hubbard (Lexi is cursed with a dark secret.She is a siren - a deadly mermaid destined to lure men to their watery deaths. After accidently drowning her boyfriend, Lexi shuts herself off from the world, vowing to protect the ones she loves. But she soon finds herself caught between a new boy at school)

~Forgotten by Cat Patrick (at precisely 4:33 am every night, while London is asleep, her memory of that day is erased. In the morning, all she can "remember" are events from her future.)

~Beauty Queens by Libba Bray (about a plane of beauty pageant contestants that crashes on a desert island.)

~The Forbidden Game by L.J Smith (To lose the game is to lose your life)

~Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (After two years on the run, best friends Rose, half-human/half-vampire, and Lissa, a mortal vampire princess, are caught and returned to St. Vladimir's Academy, but it’s not like “ twilight” vampire book)

~The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan (Mary's village is protected by a chain linked fence. On the other side of the fence are zombies,Mary wants to go to the other side to see the ocean, even if it means putting those she loves in danger)

~Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card ("They have a word for people our age. They call us children and they treat us like mice." A young boy finds himself in a war, to change the world)

~Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder (About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She’ll live in a palace, she becomes a food taster, but the chief of security deliberately feeds her Butterfly’s dust, and the only way to delay the slow and agonizing death of poison, is by appearing for her daily antidote.)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

The Seven Realms Series by Cinda Williams Chima

Bk 1: The Demon King

Bk 2: The Exiled Queen

Bk 3: The Gray Wolf Throne

It's totally underratted in the YA genre, it's the most amazing, different and captavity series i've read in a long time, the storyline is wicked and refreshing and the characters are beyond amazing and oh, the boys wow they make you drool! Strong Female lead and the twists are great!

• tedrow
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Mistborn Epub

• 9 years ago

I would very very highly recommend the Renegade Spirit series by Jerry B. Jenkins. "Tattooed Rats", "Demon's Bluff", and "Seclusion Point". I loved them.

Also, ANYTHING by Ted Dekker. He has two series that totally blew my mind. Paradise Trilogy: "Showdown", "Saint", and "Sinner". And his Circle Series, "Black: The Birth of Evil", "Red: The Heroic Rescue", "White: The Great Pursuit", "Green: The Last Stand".

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago
  • 9 years ago

Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull. :)

Has comedy, and fantasy (like faeries and stuff)

Source(s): MEEEEEEEEEE
  • 9 years ago

the forest of hands and teeth. i know werid title but its a cool love triangle book.

mine?http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AhehF...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.