Questions about Everclear?

People have told me that it tastes really bad but I want to try it. What would be the best thing to mix with it to tone down the taste? I weigh 114 lbs, how much would be to much? How much does it cost?

Best Answer

Everclear is not a wise choice of liquor to buy. But I do understand that I am wasting my time trying to talk you out of it, you are going to do it anyway. I did.

In my youth, we made what we called "Hunch Punch", or just plain "Hooch". No recipe or anything, just get a clean trash barrel and start filling it with canned punch, sliced fruit, watermellon chunks, etc., etc., etc. There is no wrong way to make it. Dump about 4 750ml bottles of Everclear in there and the party is on. Big time.

There is a fine line between the amount of Hunch Punch that you have a good time partying with and the amount that makes you wake up in the morning in the floor with your pants down around your ankles and wondering what happened and have you contracted an STD or not.

Any way, be careful, have fun, and don't say I didn't warn ya :-)

Let me explain some things to you about Everclear, and then maybe you won't want to try it anymore.

Everclear is a brand name, like Coke or any other branded product. The product is called GNS, which stands for Grain Neutral Spirits, also sometimes simply called grain alcohol. What does that mean? Just that it is an essentially flavorless alcohol made from grain. Big deal, so is most vodka - what's the difference between GNS and vodka? Not much, really. But in states where it is legally sold, Everclear is bottled at extremely high proof (alcohol concentration). How high? Double the concentration of most vodka.

Many states have outlawed the sale, and more will probably follow suit, because it is very easy to reach a fatal alcohol concentration with it. I have worked at a few bars, and I have many friends that have worked in lots of bars, and no bar that any of has worked in will touch the stuff. It's too high a liability. Any time you hear of a high school or college student dying from alcohol poisoning; Everclear is probably involved.

This is a product that takes no particular skill or time to make. It has only one purpose; to get you very drunk, very quickly. If that's your goal, it will do the trick, but you will be sorry.

• Jason

It doesn't taste like anything really, its just that at 96%alc/vol it burns the crap out of your mouth and throat and it hits your stomach like a brick. It is great to mix with OJ, you only need a little bit to make a real strong mixed drink. Goes really well in a fruit punch as well. In a tall glass with OJ I'd say only put in one standard shot, its nearly the equivalent of 2.5 shots of vodka.

• B-ron

Ya it hurts. Even with orange juice. Im 130 i had the equivilant of 2 shots and it was a strong feeling but not too much. My friend took a shot if it no chaser and he was fine.

We used to cut up fruit in chunks and put it in the bucket with everclear, eat the fruit and get drunk.

Source(s): hillbilly ho' down