Dan

How do I set up a TB headset with my tv/xbox 360?

I am SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok so pretty much I have been completely confused about how this is set up ever since I got my tv. I have just about a billion options back there and so far none of the tutorials have answered what I am supposed to do. Heres the problem. I plug the HDMI cable in to the xbox and to the tv, I switch to the channel of the HDMI (in my case HDMI 3), and there is already sound coming out. It doesnt matter if I plug the a/v cable into the Xbox/TV (I have used the break off the casing of the AV connector method), because for whatever reason it doesnt change anything. How am I supposed to hear game sound out of my xbox if its already solely using the hdmi cable for everything. Am I on the wrong channel? I checked every other channel and nothing. I could always use the regular RGB cable, but wont that horribly hurt the quality of my game? I cant believe I would have to sacrifice quality just to use the headset. There are indeed a red and white connection right above the HDMI slot on the TV, but like I said, plugging in the red and white cables does nothing, both from the xbox and from the headset.

If someone could explain to me what I am doing wrong I would be eternally grateful. Please do not give an answer that ISNT an answer, because I have already wasted enough time on this to listen to someone trying to get smart /w me.

Best Answer

I don't know Xbox well, but I can tell you something.

HDMI CAN support Picture and Audio. That doesn't mean it HAS to. You can have it give only audio, or only picture.

For example: I have the TB for the PS3. It has a digital output cable for sound (the ones that are really small). I plug that in. When I go to Audio Settings for the PS3, I set it up so sound comes through the digital output, not the HDMI. If I want, I can make it go through both (Audio Multi Output).

So I assume there is a similar function on the 360.

that's particularly called "Turtle Beaching" that's considered dishonest because you could listen each and every thing even with if some human beings have Ninja professional on. you should purchase a particular headset for that yet be conscious that persons would get annoyed in case you could listen them sneaking up behind you with Ninja professional on.