Zee asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 years ago

Milkshake without ice cream?

I realize this sounds almost like an oxymoron but I want a milkshake but I have no ice cream.

Any half decent recipes that don't require ice cream?

I've got milk, I've got chocolate chips, I've got baking chocolate (though I can't see using that in a recipe I've seen weirder), so... anyone have anything they can point me to?

Thanks!

• Isabel
    Favorite Answer

Milk, chocolate, ice cubes, sugar to sweeten it a bit more than the basic chocolate, about 1 tablespoon for a glass - and blend it all in a blender - blend the milk, chips and add half the sugar, then add the ice cubes and add sugar to taste after that.. It would like a Starbucks Frappuccino or a smoothie. Something icy cold requires a lot more sugar than something warm because cold alters the taste buds, so you need to add the extra sugar to the chocolate. blending that way would give you a kind of chocolate chip frappuccino - the chips will end up in pieces.

• gizmo2

Cereal Milk Shake (No Ice Cream)

Ingredients

1 cup whole milk

7  ice cubes

1/2 cup Sugar Coated Cheerios Cereal

1/2 banana, sliced

1 to 2 tablespoon sugar

Optional; 3 tablespoon Chocolate Syrup

Directions

In blender, place all ingredients. Cover; blend on crush speed 20 seconds. Scrape down sides of container if needed. Cover; blend  on high about 30 seconds or longer until smooth. Serve immediately.

With your ingredients you have, you may tty,

milk

melt or soften your choc. Chips

ice

put in blender, blend, add more ice for thicker and maybe dome sugar if not sweet enough.

Good luck!

Source(s): homestead recipes

I've made something very much like a milkshake with frozen fruit, some milk, sugar, and cream. But I don't know how you're going to get the chocolate chips to blend with any liquid unless you first make something like ganache, which requires cream. And if you don't have anything frozen, you'll get something more like chocolate milk.

1/4 cup milk

1 tablespoon chocolate syrup

2 tablespoons peanut butter

Put the milk,, chocolate syrup and peanut butter into a blender or milk shake maker for 1 minute until smooth. Serve in Milkshake glasses with a little umbrella on top.

For variety try using smooth almond butter in instead of peanut butter and little chocolate chips instead of chocolate syrup.

No, not the same thing at all.