Can I press libel charges against another internet user ?

Someone has taken my username from thestudentroom.co.uk, and signed it up to a various host of silly websites, things like body odor forums, bad breath forums, etc, homeless forums, and is using my username on those forums. Their motive is to discredit my argument and embarrass me. Is this illegal ?? Was... show more Someone has taken my username from thestudentroom.co.uk,
and signed it up to a various host of silly websites,

things like body odor forums, bad breath forums, etc, homeless forums, and is using my username on those forums.

Their motive is to discredit my argument and embarrass me.

Is this illegal ??
Was this an organised attack ?
Someone said I was ''4channed'', or an internet group did it to me ??
Is it illegal to use someones elses username on a completely different forum ??

Can I walk into a lawyers office tomorrow and say someone has signed my studentroom.co.uk username up to a body odor and bad breath forum with intent to embarrass me ??

Will that sound like a reasonable reason to press charges ?
Can I press charges for slander/ defamation ??
How do I begin to press charges ??

No, the username is not copyrighted. The username is not connected to any business whatsoever.
We simply debate life, politics, society, philosophy etc with made up usernames. They are of no importance really.

However it is very embarrassing to me.

final point - he has only libelled my username, not my personal details, or anything else.
Update: to the yahoo user Tabby -
It's nothing to do with identity theft - it is just mindless trolling and they just want to embarrass me by pretending to be on OTHER forums.

Is this libel or not ?
Update 2: Shaun Mcnickle -

No.

Another user on the same website we debate on, thestudentroom.co.uk,
took my username,
and signed it up himself on the silly websites I mentioned.

He personally wanted to embarrass me.
Update 3: I only found out because I googled my username out of curiosity.