Landrover Freelander petrol good or bad?

I'm after a 4X4 was looking at a Landrover Freelander 1.8 petrol but sombody told me they have head gasket problems, anybody got advise on weather i should buy on or not.

Favorite Answer

What ever you do Avoid the 1.8 petrol freelanders they are notorious for head gasket failures even if you have the modified gasket fitted they still fail. If you want a reasonable reliable freelander go for the 2.0 td4 that has the Bmw engine fitted.

Source(s): Mechanic

Don't do it. Freelanders are awful cars with many faults.

The head gasket will fail on them, sometimes more than once.

There are very few cars I'd say never buy at any price above scrap value, but a K series Freelander's one of them. Buy anything else instead.

When the Freelander first came out it got quite good reviews and in general was liked. That was before they started breaking down, engine problems, elrctrical problems etc. They now have a poor reputation for reliability. When you see one going through a car auction and no dealers make a bid, take notice! Should you buy one, your money your choice. Would i buy one, no way!

• jennis

a throttle physique isn't something that only is going undesirable. you in lots of circumstances dont ever could desire to replace them. ask for a particular clarification why it desires to get replaced. I dont understand that distinctive form yet i could think of it does have a air bypass meter (mass air bypass sensor). maximum gasoline injected gas automobiles do. Mabe they ment the throttle physique gasket

I have seen these go with tax and test for as little as £25. In full running condition, I reckon they're OK, but personally I prefer my Series 2a Diesel.

From the reviews I've read they do suffer gasket problems, if you are mechanically adroit you could change your own when needed, so think hard about one. See link..

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Land_Rover_Freelander_1_8_E_...