1981 suzuki gn 400 lighting system keeps blowing out?

for some odd reason my lights blow out. I replaces the one fuse that is connected to the battery. which is 240w fuse is that wrong fuse? What can i do to eliminate so much power to my lights please help out? Thanks Anthony..

Best Answer

Blown bulbs?

Blown main fuse?

Check the charging system. Possible faulty regulator.

Need directions? E-mail me, I kept my manual when I got rid of the bike (it covers yours as well).

Firecracker, i know i'm 4 years late - but do you happen to have that manual as PDF? Or maybe somebody else here.. Got the same issue with my bike GN 400 from 1982 now..

• G B

How is your battery, as I recall those bikes are kick start, so if the battery is dead you may not notice it. However, if your battery is dead it will not absorb the voltage spikes of the charging system which may then cause your lights to blow out. Have your battery charged and then tested, once you have a good battery I think your problem will be solved.

Source(s): Bike mechanic since 1980