Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 10 years ago

David Fincher v. Christopher Nolan?

Who is better and why?

• Andrew
    Favorite Answer

Both are 2 of my favorite directors of all time.

I got to go with Chris Nolan for the following reasons

*Nolan typically has a greater hand in the creation of the story and script than Fincher

*Nolan, in my mind, is more consistent. While many were big fans of Benjamin Button and Zodiac, I found those two movies to be decent but not great. They kinda dragged a bit in my opinion.

*Both obviously make intellectually engaging and challenging films, but I think Nolan gets the edge on this point. Nolan's "smart" movies I felt were more ambitious than Fincher's.

However, both are fantastic directors. I can't wait for Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and TDKR, respectively.

• Both are fantastic directors, top 10 stuff for me. I'll go with Christopher Nolan, as I think overall, he was been more consistent and his movies are far better by a bit. David Fincher has 3 masterpieces: Se7en, Zodiac and Fight Club, whilst Christopher Nolan's never made a movie with a flaw in it. I also think he's more consistent as well.

I prefer Fincher. I can watch his movies over and over again and still enjoy them.

Christopher Nolan's good, but his movies are too hyped up and overrated. I've seen TDK once and I really don't have a desire to see it again. I'll likely rent it again before I watch the next Batman movie just to refresh my memory.