This question is better left unanswered

Why would my friend want to do thatt haha

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Sky
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A nudist or naturist (the two terms are very similar) is someone who prefers to be nude whenever possible, particularly when clothing isn't practical. Nudists shed the fears, phobias, embarrassment, and discomfort about being seen nude or seeing others nude and have a mentality of acceptance for others whether they are nude or clothed and regardless of what they look like. The idea of body shame is rejected because nudists/naturists know that there is no reason to be ashamed of one's body, particularly the parts that tend to define "nude" when they are visible. Naturists often socialize at naturist resorts or camps and on public nude beaches, or have get-togethers of friends in someone's home. It's no different than clothed people socializing other than everyone is free to be nude if they want.

The idea that nudists go nude all the time, even in public, is a ridiculous notion and totally false. Nudists/naturists do wear clothes in public due to the laws, and while we'd like to see an end to the criminalization of the body so people have the personal freedom and liberty to be clothed or not clothed, we're also sensitive to the fact so many people are very uncomfortable to see others naked.

Your friend probably wants to be a nudist (as in, live a clothes-free lifestyle) for the same reason she sleeps nude: because it is very comfortable, relaxing, and feels very free. As her friend you should encourage and support her to follow the way of life she is happiest with, and also listen to her answers of why she wants to be a nudist so you can gain understanding and acceptance for her and the lifestyle. You don't have to be a nudist yourself to remain a good friend.

Source(s): naturist since 1990
  • kuamoo
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Whats A Nudist

• Linda
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

The nudists I know are generally very friendly people, normal in all ways, they just enjoy the freedom of being naked in public, pool, beach, nightclub, whatever. As far as teen nudists there is really not anything wrong with being a nudist at any age. At the resorts I go to there are kids from 4 years old and all other ages up to adults. I think they are generally more confident with themselves than the average teen because they are not ashamed of their bodies and have to be worrying anbout someone seeing something they are ashamed of.

• 9 years ago

Nudism is about de-stressing, relaxing, and returning to innocence. It's about accepting yourself and others for who you are, how you act, and what you say rather than what you look like, own, or wear. It's the great human equalizer. It's not about seeing or being seen. It's enjoying the freedom from restricting clothing, like going barefoot all over.

Nudists or as others prefer to be called are generally nude when possible, clothed when practical.

The first nudist enclave in the US was at Cat Island near Beaufort, SC. It was created just months earlier than the one in the NJ/NY area.

The American Sunbathing Association's name was voted to change at annual convention held at Glen Eden in 1994 (August) to the American Assn. for Nude Recreation, not 1995 as was earlier reported in this thread. I was there. It may have taken effect, though, Jan. of 1995.

Private or home nudists are just that. Those who practice nudism privately or only at home. Social nudists are those who attend nudist clubs, beaches, parks, camps, and resorts.

Source(s): long-time nudist www.travelites.info
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Hi, I am a nudist, and I'm here to find nudist friends. join us now. Get naked, get enjoyment. www.Nudistfriend.org enjoying being a nudist,go hiking, and go to beach to surfing, swimming, to enjoy the sunshine with nudist friends, go camping with nudist lover, barbecue in the yard of your nudist friend. Nudistfriend.org is more than just dating, it's a place for friends who chat and do outdoor activities together. A place where you can feel at home. A place for dating where things are simple. Meet new friends and nudist singles for dating and friendship. JOIN US!!

• 7 years ago

A nudist is not just someone who walks around naked. Nudism or naturism is a lifestyle. You can find places like nudist camps, beaches and parks, for example.

• Reagan
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

nudism or naturism, practice of going without clothing in social settings, generally in mixed gender groups and for purposes of good health or personal comfort. Governed by a strict set of rules, the practice of nudism is purposely nonerotic and nonsexual. As a social and philosophical movement, nudism began in Germany in the early 20th cent. and spread throughout Europe between the two World Wars. It originated as a protest against strict Victorian codes of behavior and sought to alleviate the ignorance and shame caused by hiding the human body. Nudism also represented a challenge to the traditional dichotomy that celebrates nudity in artistic representation but condemns it as a practice in everyday life. Stressing nudism's supposed benefits to physical health and mental well-being, contemporary adherents of the movement maintain that its practice aids both exercise and relaxation while promoting stress relief, positive body image, and increased self-esteem.

In the United States, nudism as an organized movement began in 1929 with an upstate New York picnic organized by German immigrant Kurt Barthel and achieved some popularity in North America during the 1930s. Today nudism, which commonly includes sunbathing, swimming, sports, and other social activities, is usually practiced at clubs, camps, and parks and on special nude beaches. The Denmark-based International Naturist Federation, which has a membership of almost 500,000 in more than 60 countries, is devoted to worldwide nudist activities. The largest North American advocacy group, with a membership of nearly 50,000, is the Florida-based American Association for Nude Recreation, founded in 1931 and until 1995 known as the American Sunbathing Association.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/nudism#ixzz1Y4ckseDC

• Allen
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

A nudist is someone who likes to be naked as often as possible. It is quite freeing.

• 9 years ago

Nudist = Everyday's your birthday so wear your birthday suit.

• 9 years ago

I sleep with no pants or underwear, its supposed to be good for you... haha but i think a nudist is someone who just doesnt wear clothes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.