How can I get more photography business?

I am a photographer living in the Midlands and I have been doing the odd bit of work over the years from weddings, birthday parties and christenings. I have a full time job, so this has always been a bit more of a extra income deal. I have always liked the idea of taking it further and getting more clients but life... show more I am a photographer living in the Midlands and I have been doing the odd bit of work over the years from weddings, birthday parties and christenings. I have a full time job, so this has always been a bit more of a extra income deal. I have always liked the idea of taking it further and getting more clients but life got in the way for a while (i had a baby and pregnancy was not fun) and I am just picking things back up.

I have recently worked on a wedding followed by a christening and it has made me hungry to do more. I love taking photographs and love being part of someones big day. The thing is, I am wondering what will be the best way for me to get myself out there more.

For the jobs I have done previously, I have relied heavily on word of mouth, but there is only so much work I can get from that. I have created a new Facebook page solely for my work and have recently had some enquiries regarding prices etc.

But despite this, I am eager to increase my workload a bit more and hopefully turn this into my full time career and give up the day job.

Any ideas how I can get myself out there and get more work?

And any tips on creating my own studio at home?

Thanks for help in this. :)
Update: Ok.....website for my work sounds good. Now....Where do I go to create a website that doesnt cost anything (Or much) but that stands out and looks good.