Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass?

Here's a little back story (skip if you want): My older cousin (who's almost 30 I believe) loved Alice in Wonderland as a kid, and always talked about it, especially when the new movie came out (she's artsy). I always wanted to read the original book, but I really didn't have time, but now I finally do.

I'm 14, and for my Honors English 9th grade class, our teacher wants us to read any book as long as it's on Accelerated Reader (Accelerated Reader is a program which quizzes you after you read a book, if you don't know). I looked for Alice in Wonderland on the program, and there's "Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass". What's the difference between "Alice in Wonderland" and "Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass"? Is Through the Looking glass a totally seperate book, etc. Also, do you think it's suitable for me (my age group and class)? Thanks.

I also couldn't find it at my library or book store (for some stupid reason I'm sure), and my last option is for my Kindle. If anyone found a good version I could get for my Kindle, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

That's what I thought. And I just wanted to make sure that the book wasn't too young for me, lol. And yes, I wish I could get a hard copy of the book, but I need to bring it into class tomorrow. ):

• K
    Favorite Answer

Through the Looking Glass is the sequel. I have a copy of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland that includes Through the Looking Glass in it. So it's probably just because they're both included in the copy that's in the program.

I think it's perfectly suitable. There's no mature content, I read it in like 7th grade (in ninth now).

Look for it online. There's nothing better than a real book.

EDIT : Oh, I definitely don't think it's too young. I absolutely love that book. I'd reread it again if I didn't have other books to finish :/

Hm. Just search for it on the Kindle store or whatever??

Yes, they are two separate books. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland came first, the sequel is Through the Looking-Glass. They are both children's books.