Help with bios update?

I have a new graphics card but everytime i install it my computer gets hung on the bios screen. I have plenty of power and it is installed right. Im trying one solution at a time and right now i wanna update the bios but im having trouble finding which one i need. Theres my mobo specs. Thanks for the help. Also if there are any other suggestions for fixing my problem please post them.

Mainboard

Model rc410-m 1.1

Chipset ATI RS400/RC400/RC410 Rev. 01

Southbridge ATI SB400 Rev. 80

LPCIO ITE IT8712

Bios

Brand American Megatrends Inc.

Version 080012

Date 12/2/2006

I built the computer

The computer and hard drive work fine with i disconnect the video card

Favorite Answer

did you build your computer or did you buy it from best buy or somewhere? is it a name brand computer?

No. BIOS updates can in basic terms be achieved manually. The consumer could desire to acquire the BIOS updates from the producer and initiate up the approach. some manufacturers have a abode windows based GUI that runs in a common consultation out of your laptop.

Seems to me that your BIOS is , Brand American Megatrends Inc.Go there for better advice, Google it.

Source(s): Experience.

Maybe you might have to a system boot sequence because it could be something with your OS or the network. You would want to do this to make sure your hard drive is working ok.

Source(s): COMPTia textbook page 199