LT asked in Consumer ElectronicsHome Theater · 9 years ago

Blue Ray player not working properly, what is wrong?

First of all, a little info on the player: It is a Toshiba Blue Ray Disc/ DVD Player Model BDX2200KU, which has a wi-fi card so we can watch Netflix and YouTube and the like, it is only about 3 months old and it has been working fine since new although a little slow. Then last night my girlfriend and I were about to watch some Netflix and now nothing will show. We left a DVD in it and we can hear the sound of the music on the DVD menu so we know it is working in some way but there is no picture. What can we do to correct this issue? Thanks in advance for any help!

Favorite Answer

I'm assuming you are connecting using an HDMI cable correct?

HDMI is a pretty quirky connection. I'd try a few things:

1) Eject the disc (if possible) from the DVD player

2) Physically unplug the DVD player for about one minute, plug it back in

3) Put the DVD back and see if it works

4) If not try switching inputs on the TV AWAY from the DVD input, then switching back

By switching inputs off the DVD player than back you are forcing the electronics to "handshake" again which can correct situations like yours.

I work with http://www.diamondcase.com/ and have installed many systems. I've seen this a few times and it is generally solved by unplugging and plugging in or swtiching inputs as mentioned above.

A few other helpful tips you might try (probably unrelated)

1) Turn OFF HDMI-CEC control in the TV and blu-ray, in my opinion causes nothing but trouble

2) Do a firmware update on the Toshiba, if available

Let me know how it turns out. Good luck.

Check all your connection to the player to make sure they are properly seeded in the port terminals. Hope this will help you out.