What are your thoughts on the media calling the president "Mister Obama"?

I admittedly was never conscious of how the media addressed presidents until it was brought to my attention in recent times. I heard many people making a fuss about this and to my surprise there were even articles written on this very subject. Mainly this has been used to suggest that our society is still... show more I admittedly was never conscious of how the media addressed presidents until it was brought to my attention in recent times. I heard many people making a fuss about this and to my surprise there were even articles written on this very subject. Mainly this has been used to suggest that our society is still overwhelmingly racist. Being a person that argues that while racism exists, it isn't nearly as widespread as people think it is, I decided to look into this.

As I started to pay attention I did find certain things odd. For example, I did find it odd that while watching "On The Record with Greta Van Susteren" she referred to him as mister and then proceeded to call Bush President and I definitely did hear Mr. thrown around frequently as opposed to President.

BUT then after taking advantage of Google search I did notice that there are many articles written DURING Bush's reign as president that did refer to him as "Mr. Bush" as well.

So what are your thoughts on all of this and do you think that those that use the media calling Obama "Mister Obama" to deem our society as racist, are merely just trying to be divisive?

It seems to me that this could be a psychological ploy...Make people conscious of that which they were never conscious of and then frame it to appeal to their predjudices, biases, etc.