Hi! If you are an American solider in Iraq or Afghanistan, what do you think of the following case?
US solider involved in the rape and murder of a 14 year old girl and the killing of her mother, father and 6-yo sister. The supposed mastermind, Mahmudiyah killings, PFC Steve Dale was convicted and sentenced to life in prison, which is appealing. He said in court "I didn't think of Iraqis as humans." Several other US solider were involved i the incident and are serving prison sentences of various lengths
In another, even more disturbing and bizarre case, US soldiers killed Afghan civilians for "sport" and collected fingers as "trophies"
1. What are your views of this situation as a solider or American?
2. Let's face it. When solider are on duty over sees, they are away from their wives, girlfriends, etc. So they are being deprived of sex and the relationship they would have with their partner. Maybe this got the best of him. Should he be given the benefit of the doubt, let's say a lesser prison sentence?
3. Does this incident have a negative affect on all US troops and the United States as a country. US is suppose to be the "champion of human rights." The US is supposedly there to make Iraq a better country and support the human rights that were non-existent during Mr. Hussein's time. Could this undermine the US' objective in Iraq?
4. Do you think that anger for what happened on 9-11 could have clouded these soldiers judgment to a point that they did not know what they were doing?
- Big One 0909Lv 78 years agoBest Answer
Let's face THIS:
You are a blame America first, snarky pinheaded military hater. Probably a Rue Paul Supporter.
Don't worry, our soldiers will still protect your right to trash talk them.
- Anonymous8 years ago
War is hell. This kind of stuff is appalling but it happens in every war by soldiers on every side. It has nothing to do with the United States, it has nothing to do with 9/11, it's just a sad fact of the human condition. The fact that the US Army does not condone such behavior and seriously prosecutes it when it happens is the important part of the story.
- 8 years ago
War is a tough place and if you let it get to you it can really mess you up. My grandad served in the Burma war and was left to survive on his own for 6 months, he got incredibly touchy talking about the time (He's dead now RIP).
However. Why are the US in Iraq? To help them reform a goverment with strength and overcome the taliban. There not entering Iraq to rape the woman and slaughter the population of NORMAL HEALTHY HUMANS.
- Anonymous8 years ago
wow dont tell me you just know that it all started when they got to war in arabia country
i know how you feel angry for doing this but what can we do
if all the people in the world know this they may stop it but i don't know
i wish that some people start having a brian and know that iraq did nothing at all and a lot of stupid people think that they want to war cause of 9/11 but no they want there to kill them selfs for oil what stupid morons for all the people who came from iraq and Afghanistan consider your self that you just wasted ur time u stupid dumb ***
btw the us soldiers rape arab people every single day this is not the first time they ever rape and kill people