Anonymous

How come Korean boy bands are owning black boy bands?

I'm not really into Korean music of Korean boy bands, but I notice that Korean boy bands are taking a lot of music and style from African America...and becoming famous on it. I'm not against copying..who cares. I just wonder why Black boy bands have become very little and not very popular even in America, while Korean boy bands are becoming successful and famous all over the world.

@omg im so mad, list me some Black boy bands? Are you talking about "boy ii men, new edition"? That stuff is old.

Favorite Answer

Boy bands aren't very popular anymore in the West, so there is little demand for one, people prefer solo singers. In Korea however, it's the other way round, there are to many boy bands/girl bands to keep up with.

In the 80s, a guy called Seo Taiji debuted in a heavy metal band called 시나위 (Sinawe), however, in the early 90's he left, making his own group 서태지와 아이들 (Seo Taiji & Boys) bringing a whole knew range of music into Korea (in Korea, he's known as the "President of culture"). Before him, the music was more traditional, and a music type called Trot was very popular. Seo Taiji got himself a huge fanbase, and one of his styles was hip-hop influenced.

One of the members of Seo Taiji & Boys was Yang Hyun Seok who then went on to form his own label, YG Entertainment, having been influenced from hip-hop. He then produced Jinusean & 1TYM; Jinusean a hip-hop duo, and 1TYM a four member hip-hop group, who gained a lot of attention and popularized it a lot more.

I think black cultured music, such as R&B and rap, became so popular in Korea because it, along with pop, were the types that first took over from traditional music. Just a very short time ago, South Korea was a VERY poor country, just in the 60's it was on level with the poor African counties. It wasn't until the 90's when Seo Taiji & Boys came together that midi technology even became available in South Korea, and due to their style and popularity, it was rap genre music that people heard and came to love.

Source(s): Korean music fan

I don't know of many black boy bands to be honest. Not in the past 7 or 8 years or so. haha

• If you're not talking about Boyz II Men, then who are you talking about? There hasn't been a new R&B group since probably B2K and that was like seven years ago. Black people don't do R&B groups anymore, they all always go solo.

• ?

Wrong actually most aa boy bands are well known. Seriously who does bands anymore. And actually the Koreans steal beats from hit songs. And also old ones

Source(s): American music is more known then kpop

Apparently such a lot women in Korea likes beautiful boys & adorable men :) Well, completely my sort too so i do not brain. They are not girly, it is simply their photo. Not all men ought to be manly, and now not all women ought to be girly.

• Jana

Go go boy.....?

Why does my 14yr old son dislike my husband?

Should i forgive my husband?

• Beilul

Do guys like skinny girls or bigger girls?