Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Is there a word that defines hostility to a / any religion ?

Ok ... so Antisemitism defines hostility to jews .. right?

And some 1 who hates jews is antisemit .. right?

But if some one hates a religion ... generally .. not particulary .. how is he called?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Theophobia is a morbid fear or hatred of God or religion.

With love in Christ.

• 8 years ago

An anti-theist. To clear up a common misconception: The "A" in atheist means "without", and does NOT stand for "anti". Without gods, not necessarily against the concept of them. Neither Vishnu, Thor, Apollo, unicorns, Allah nor Yahweh. Just without belief in either.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Anti-theist

• Velma
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Bigot? For it is certainly intolerant. And it is not common sense or intelligence for Solomon, acclaimed to have been the wisest man who ever lived, says, "The Fear Of God is the BEGINNING of WISDoM."

How about Godophobia or theiophobia. Phobia infers a mental disorder where one fears everything in a class of things.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Logical

• 8 years ago

Theophobic

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Militant Atheist. This means someone who not only disagrees with religion in general, but wishes to destroy it.

Source(s): That's me, by the way.
  • 3 years ago

i think of a man or woman is a Christian while they dedicate thier life to Christ and resign to him. a real Christian, i think, has a private dating with Jesus Christ, their Shepherd and not in basic terms an allegience to a "faith". the authentic Christians permit the Holy Spirit handbook them and don't count too heavily upon the evaluations of guy, Pope or no longer.

• Joe N
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Intelligence

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Prove!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.