Why is Elyse being allowed to stay in Hell's Kitchen?

I am more convinced than ever that the entire show is fixed. She has been on the chopping block almost every time her team has had to send someone there. She has shown that she cannot cook with any confidence. And she has done nothing but argued with every person on the show, including Gordon.

I have also lost all respect for Gordon as a chef and a judge of talent. He keeps making statements like "he/she could never run the kitchen at BLT", but he doesn't see that a kitchen with Elyse running it is doomed to be on Kitchen Nightmares within a few years. I suspect that he is being told by the network to keep Elyse on the show to keep the controversy going, but it is taking opportunities away from other chefs.

I know it is a "reality" show. I seriously doubt that the results are not predetermined to some extent. However, the show is losing a lot of credibility when they keep people that obviously don't deserve to be there on.

Last night alone, she destroyed about $300 worth of salmon, and then said that she was a better cook than Jennifer. The rest of the team must be under similar pressure, because i think that they are probably being told what to do as well.

How many more times can he "give her another chance"?

• Koko Y
    Favorite Answer

I agree with you 100%.

I think he must be pressured by producers to keep her around for the drama.

He has to be crazy to let her run ANY resturant let alone BLT.

• Habi

Ramsey has never decided who stays and who goes. EVER. It's the producers that do that and they know by keeping the crap ones that cause trouble gives the show higher ratings.

All the produces care about is the ratings, it's not about finding the best chef because if it was we would see people who can actually cook being allowed in. They would get through dinner services easily and without many problems but that wouldn't be as fun to watch.

Source(s): Been watching since the first season.
  • gayle

I agree TOTALLY!!

Not sure I will watch the show next season, I have pretty much lost respect for this show. Jennifer was clearly much better than Elise.

"I am more convinced than ever that the entire show is fixed." I hear 'ya!!!

Source(s): Have watched the show since first broadcast
  • Lauren

I totally agree..I have no idea why she is still on. She can't cook and her communication skills are horrible..plus she's a liar! just keeping her on for drama....

She may be loud and dramatic, but lets be honest. The girl can cook. That's why she continues to stay.