Dyn-Æ
Lv 4
Dyn-Æ asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Which political party is more consistent with the teachings of Jesus?

Update:

@Alkahest, i just had to sry

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The left isn't consistent at all, they are hypocrites, on one end they are trying to strip religion from society while at the same time justifying welfare programs and big government spending as something Jesus would have advocated.

The right tends to be more religious but I'm not sure how consistent they are.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • mari
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Neither. The way people live their lives determines whether or not they are being consistent with the teachings of Jesus and that is not determined by political parties.

• 9 years ago

Party Politics isn't Religion

and Religion is NOT party Politics.

Can U dig it?

• Kini
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I dont know but there are many religious other than Christianity in the U.S. and those others do not follow the Bible or Jesus. Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, for example. Why should civil society have anything to do with politics or government especially since people follow many religious beliefs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Neither. Social conservatives and moderates aarent very well represented by either party.

• 9 years ago

Both parties have good and bad points when held up in comparison.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The Jesocrats.

• 9 years ago

Well, it probably wouldnt be the Republican Party. Jesus wouldnt approve of a party who dont want to house the poor or provide medical care to the elderly if it meant a few extra dollars in taxes, but would spend trillions of dollars for hegemony.

• 9 years ago

Neither. And the left works hard at saying Jesus doesn't exist, so why would they be consistent with his teachings?

• 9 years ago

Lip talk - Republicans; in deed and action - Democrats. Remember love thy neighbor as you love yourself. When you do it to the least of them, you did it until me; Jesus said.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.