Is this true i guess im dumb?

IAAL, but I'm not your lawyer or your friend's lawyer, and this is not legal advice. I mean it. The best I (or any lawyer not an expert in this field) can give you is general impressions. What she did is most certainly illegal. It's an invasion of privacy, without consent. If it's not a criminal... show more IAAL, but I'm not your lawyer or your friend's lawyer, and this is not legal advice. I mean it. The best I (or any lawyer not an expert in this field) can give you is general impressions.

What she did is most certainly illegal. It's an invasion of privacy, without consent. If it's not a criminal violation (which it may well be), it's at the least a civil violation.

Think about it, if you hacked into the Pentagon, do you think they'd care if you only made it in by guessing a password? Or would you get locked up and interrogated real quick?

on going into someones accounts
She should stop immediately, and if she's concerned, she should talk to a lawyer. The circumstances where it would be a good idea to admit to a crime in open court are few and far between.
posted by kingjoe