4.imports/exports

5.how people use land

6. food

7.housing

8. personal adaption(etc.clothing)

9.weather/climate

10.religious practices

11. ethnic groups

answering any of these questions would be a MASSIVE help. thank you :)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Moe
    Lv 4
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

I don't quite know what you mean by the first two

1. ?

2. ?

3. Historically the Lebanese people have always been travelers. You can find Lebanese world wide with most of the concentration being in France, Canada, America, Brazil, Gabon, Cote D'Ivoire and all over North Africa and the Middle East.

4. Imports: Electronic goods, cars, oil and so on. Exports are generally food products.

5.Historically land was used for agricultural means in which slopes would be terraced and crops are grown on the terraces. Stones that are move when making space for agricultural use, are generally cut or used as is to construct homes (but that was back then). Now land is used for residential, agricultural, commercial and some minor industrial use.

6. Food is general extracted from what has been grown. Dishes include but are not limited to: Mlokiya, burghul, vine leaves, okra, zucchini, eggplants, keshk, kibbe, hommos, beans, vegetable stews, potatoes and so on. Rice is in fact not natively grown in Lebanon, burghul used to be our staple food.

7.Stones houses, generally stone is placed as it was found in the field without cutting it, though when it becomes financially viable the stone is cut. Earthen roofs placed on top of an intermediary level of wood generally from pine trees. Marseilles roof tiles are then used to top off the roof (when it becomes financially viable). Constructing was a community event in which all the community helped out. That's basically the traditional method of building. Modern houses are mainly concrete-based since stone has become expensive now.

I can go into the more architectural details if you want.

8. For men it's the sherwel and a shirt with a vest on top, with some alterations occuring according to regions including the introduction of a bisht (like a robe). For women it'd be a dress with a "tarboosh" that was either like what a tarboosh is typically, or conical, with a piece of translucent long cloth flowing down to around their waist or lower. Though at time the female hat is replaced with a simple cloth over the head something very close to Byzantium female headgear. Females might also opt not to wear headgear.

9. Mediterranean. Snows in most of the region form what I know, though not a common event in Beirut. It has absolutely no desert.

10.18 different religious sects, most of which are denominations of Christianity and Islam, there is also Druze, and a small amount of Jews (most of which live outside of Lebanon)

11. Lebanese, and a mixture of Levantine groups but the inhabitants of Lebanon are best described now as Lebanese (which has been influenced by Romans, Greeks, Crusader states, the surrounding Levantines, Persians, and Turks). Ethnic groups do exist such as Assyrians. Most of the ethnic groups in Lebanon are generalized into the "Arab" category since it's an umbrella term (though it'd be wrong to use it). There are also Armenians in the country and other groups that were forcefully displaced by the Ottomans.

Source(s): Lebanese
  • oakley
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

a million. Rain sure however now not floods. Earthquakes a couple of now not plenty. Windy now not twister windy however extra sea windy. two. Summer will get scorching. Winter tons of snow. Spring bushes and the cedars bloom enormous time. Fall orange mountains.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.